“Nice Coffee and Scones”

Ranked #6 of 615 Coffee & Tea in Taipei
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2015

This is my second time to Melange, the coffee is very nice, we tried the scones, a quiche and an ice-cream, the food quality is very good. Too bad we were too full to try the waffles... We tasted a special ingredient in the quiche and asked a waiter what that is, we cannot completely understand and forget that afterwards, then the waiter came back after a while and showed us the raw ingredient - water chestnut... this is really very kind of him and very good service indeed. I would recommend this cafe to anyone who came to Taipei, but be prepared for the waiting, I was lucky enough to just be waiting for 15-20 minutes only.

Reviewed December 24, 2014 via mobile

Heard my friends recommended this cafe many times. So me and my partner came here on a weekday at 10am and fortunately we don't have to queue for seats. Well I've heard from my friends that this cafe is a long queue cafe. Attentive staff and cozy environment. Not too posh yet affordable prices. Must try their summer fruit tea and waffles! Club sandwich is just so so.

Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

A very busy restaurant so be prepared waiting time for a table can be long. But they are pretty organized that you are provided with the menu and order form while waiting.
Staff are all very polite with smiles, even when we made a last min change in the order after we sat down.
Though it was fullhouse, food was serviced surprisingly quick, nice and fresh.
Waitresses kept refilling water for customers without being asked. Very impressive.

Reviewed November 26, 2014

I have heard of Melange Cafe many times for its famous afternoon tea. As a tea and dessert lover, I took this chance to visit this popular little place. The location is great but it is a bit crowded. Luckily we booked the table before so it doesn't take long to get a seat.
My friend ordered a Ice Dutch Water Drip Coffee while I had Peach Tea. We got the featured Strawberry Waffle and a club sandwich. The club sandwich, with fresh vegetables, is just above average. The waffle is good enough. The strawberries are lovely scented. It is very attractive at the first sight. The waffle is fluffy and spongy, with the scent of egg. However, I think it is a little over baked.
The Water Drip Coffee is an amazing signature drink. The coffee aroma fills the nasal once take a sip. Though I am not a coffee lover, I would try it again next time.
There is wifi in the restaurant, which is good for travelers to check some info on the net while taking a rest.

Reviewed October 30, 2014 via mobile

A place, worth to go if you like Café-house style. Sandwiches good but i had better ones in Taipei. I really can recommend their "Chocolata calda alla panna".... if you like bitter chocolate; bitter but with a lot of taste. Was excellent.