“Bliss!”

Jiva Cafe & Spa
Ranked #4 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Pokhara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Jiva Cafe and Spa is Pokhara's hidden oasis situated on the shore of the picturesque Phewa Lake. Our spa features unique private treatment cottages decorated in a traditional style. In this natural setting one can enjoy a range of services such as massage, beauty therapies yoga classes as well as a garden cafe serving delicious food, smoothies and drinks. Jiva is like no other Spa in Pokhara. Come to unwind, be pampered and experience the difference for yourself!
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Before leaving Australia for a month in Nepal and trekking for 3 weeks of it, we thought a visit to a day spa at the end would be needed and wasn't it just.

We booked in for the Full Day Package with lunch included.

Jiva Cafe & Spa was tucked away overlooking Lake Fewa, the gardens were lovely and relaxing to sit in. Our package was great and so cheap compared to what we would pay here in Australia for the same thing. I really enjoyed everything in the package, the hot oil for my hair, facial, pedicure and manicure. I totally recommend the coffee body scrub my skin felt fantastic afterwards! I had a Deep Tissue Massage it was good but not great as I like the pressure to be quite hard and even after saying it could be harder it was still a bit too soft for my liking.

Our lunch was absolutely delicious especially after 3 weeks of trail food, we had the Bruschetta and Vego Nachos between us yummo! I totally recommend Jiva Cafe & Spa, 4 other people from our group had treatments after our recommendations and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"overlooking the lake"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

I booked the full day treatment and I am just happy. Everything was great,the massage was amazing - especially after trekking. After the body scrub I had the best hot shower of my whole Nepal Trekk ;)
The food was great as well and I got as much tea and lemon water as I wanted for the whole day. There were no hidden costs,no cheating,no discussions - everything was good! Thank you!

Reviewed November 24, 2017

After reading so many reviews about this place, my GF and me decided to go for a Nepalese massage at Jiva Spa. It's a tranquil place near Fewa Lake and the garden is a great place to relax. However we didn't go there to stay in the garden. Before we entered the room, two ladies washed our feet with warm water and another lady asked if we wanted a soft or hard massage and both of us said medium to hard which she seemed to have understood. So we go in the room and undress and we're good to go. The masseuses came and started the 'massage'.

She was constantly dipping her hands in oil and literally she was just covering me with oil. After a few minutes she asked if everything is ok to which I replied, you can massage deeper because this is too soft. She giggled and continued with a really soft massage, I don't know what she was trying to do either tickle me or massage me but all I can say is that she failed miserably in both cases.

When the 'massage' was over, I had my body covered in oil. I had to go in the shower and wash parts of my body. I thought maybe my masseuse was tired or something but it was same thing with my GF. She also thought the massage was super soft.

In my opinion if you truly want a relaxing massage, avoid this place at all cost. You will not get a decent massage. If you want a manicure or pedicure, that I do not know because I didn't do those services, but for Nepalese massage I can say, and that is not a massage. They simply rub your body with oil. They have it written on their leaflet that this massage is given to all babies by their mother and I guess this is the case, this massage is for babies ..... Nepalese babies.

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place to wile away several hours. The cafe garden is lush and peaceful and feels like a tropical oasis. The food and fresh drinks and smoothies are delicious - I recommend the fresh mint cooler and the bruschetta. I had a pedicure - you are taken up to a terrace with lots of lush foliage overlooking the lake. Very peaceful and relaxing. It was very nice to have my feet pampered after 2 months in the mountains. They serve you complimentary lemon/lime water and tea (hot or iced) before and after your treatments. Would love to return and work my way through both the spa and the food menus. Highly recommended.