“Good ramen in Bhutan!”
Review of Hayate Ramen

Hayate Ramen
Ranked #52 of 124 Restaurants in Thimphu
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We missed Raman while traveling in Bhutan. We were lucky to find this restaurant in the city center. During the lunch time, it was bustling and crowded with local customers. For those who also miss Japanese pastry, this place is highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

As I am a Japanese, I tried this Ramen restaurant on my business trip to Bhutan. Tonkotsu Ramen that I ate was not thick as original one in Japan, but for me it was even better. The price is ok (about $5). The staffs are friendly.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We took a break from Dzong hopping in Thimphu and decided to roam in the local market. Saw a curious board for a Ramen place called Hayate, and I was sold just on the word Ramen. Turned out to be quite a find, authentic Japanese food in Bhutanese heartland. Tonkotsu Ramen bowl, Gyoza, Karage and Japanese Green tea(Ippodo Tea) . Quite a little feast we had here without any original plans for one. The food was great but what added to it is special touches like ra-yu, Japanese flavored oil, Bhutan Ezay, pickled ginger Ramen topping, a seasoning mix that sent electric sparks from my mouth up until the nerve centre of my brain. And the piece de resistance- Japanese Gyoza sauce, an eclectic mix of Japanese soy sauce and Bhutan vinegar, a fantastic twist to classic dark soy. The bite just right to have Gyoza with. Add a little Bhutanese chilly and you are in the Tiger's Nest of flavor. They also have an extensive alcohol menu but I decided to pass on the Sake, for it was a tad too expensive.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hayate is a Japanese Ramen house run by a Bhutanese husband and a Japanese wife. The setting is simple and very clean (I love the pine furniture) and staff are courteous.
I used to like roasted pork over rice (Chashu Don) when I was a non veg, and these days, I love their salad (they have shredded chicken salad-so I ask them to make it vegetarian). Whether Ramen or Rice or Salad, don't forget to add their Japanese soy sauce with sesame seeds to your meal.
Non vegeterians would love everything on the menu.
They also give you a card, where you get a seal for a Ramen, and a free Ramen for 10 seals (or 8, I don't have my card with me right now to confirm)

Reviewed 2 May 2017

This was one of the best meals we had in Bhutan. We had lunch here for a change of pace and what a nice surprise! Their homemade ramen is the straight kind, not the curly one that we are more familiar with. It was served with soft boiled egg, some pork and other veggies. All the proportions and seasoning were just right. We also had the gyoza (okay) and fried chicken legs (yummo) and last but not least, their homemade green tea cake, which was so light and tasty. The restaurant itself is located on 2nd flr and is nice, bright and feels very clean and their staff complemented that with kind and friendly service.