All reviews infinity pool the general manager seafood indian ocean sea facing room management team world class breakfast buffet is excellent stay beautiful hotel restaurant staff business trip enjoyed my stay rooms are comfortable pleasant stay home away from home chapman
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and i spent a week in this hotel. What an awesome experience. The staff are super friendly and accommodating in everyway. All staff members made our stay a beautiful experience. The food at restaurant was superb. Thank you to the general manager for an awesome experience. Thank you executive chef for your delicious meals. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
CarlaF3369, Manager at Southern Sun Maputo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience at our hotel, moreover for choosing to stay with us among other options in the vicinity and for recommending the hotel to other travellers.

It was a pleasure to being of service to you and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for almost two weeks and really loved it. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the servers in the restaurant during the breakfast buffet - I wish I could remember all of their names! They even opened early for our large group to be able to eat before we left at 6:45 am! Can’t say enough about the excellent service.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and your kind words.

We take our guests' comments very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. Delighted that we were able to exceed all your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time in this hotel and, it was a great experience.
I had a big room faced to the sea with i little balcony from where, I enjoyed the fantastic view.
The breakfast is amazing with plenty of options and, if there are table available in the terrace, you can enjoy the amazing food.
For the one that likes to workout, the gym is at the ground floor, close to the bar.
The only thing missing unfortunately, is the Spa.
Overall is a great place to spend some time with friends.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Delighted that we have exceeded all your expectations during your stay with us. On behalf of the management and staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us such a positive review.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Warm Mozambican regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

The location - Amazing
The rooms - at the time of my visit were being revamped, but for every trip made, I was happy with the rooms.
The view - breathtaking!
The Food - real authentic, wholesome Portuguese food
The Prices - Extremely reasonable.
The Service - Commendable

Room Tip: Always request a room with a sea view, you won't want to leave your balcony!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
CarlaF3369, Manager at Southern Sun Maputo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Delighted that you enjoyed our facilities, services and location and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My visit was exquisite. The service phenomenal. Hotel THE BEST!!! The restaurant did not disappoint. The manager very personable and adapted where there was a need. He started breakfast early to accommodate many of us who had a very early departure for a tour. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
CarlaF3369, Manager at Southern Sun Maputo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such kind words and review.

Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. We will make sure we pass your compliments to the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Maputo!