“COZY AND TASTY”

Chop Italy - food & lifestyle -
Ranked #75 of 315 Restaurants in Accra
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: Italian food in Accra: Tagliatelle, lasagna, baked pasta, piadina, pizza cone, ice cream all made ourself Classic burger, pizza cone. Best food Experience in Accra !
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Last Saturday we went to CasaTrasacco being so famous for furniture to look for some new piece for our home, didn't imagine there was such a cozy little restaurant. We got really relaxed sitting in the armchairs in the side lounge and had some very nice gnocchi with cheese and lasagna with bolognese sauce (they said their pasta is in house made). Too bed this tiny amazing restaurant is not opened for dinner, otherwise we could go more often. In any case we will certainly find time to go back.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here and it was very regretful. I had heard bad reviews but thought I would give it a chance.

The staff are very slow and don't really understand what is in the menu.

For starters - we ordered calamari and octopus salad. We sent the calamari back immediately. It didn't taste fresh and got a Caesar salad which was salty. I don't know how they managed that and the majority of the lettuce had "rust". Don't know why they will serve that.

For mains - ordered penne arrabbiata which tasted very plain. Asked for bacon to be added to the sauce but they forgot to add it. Then there was the lamb ribs, over cooked and fatty.

I won't be going back here again the service and quality of food does not match the price. They have a good setup but the service and food has to improve.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

The restaurant is perfectly located and decked out with the best interior. I loved the interior design. In fact, I didn't want to leave. I will list what I order and what my partner of 25 years ordered and simple give you a 0-10 rating.
(The afternoon lunch time was not crowded. They had 1 other tabled filled so service was no a problem this day: 4/28/2017)
1.) a pina colado smoothie - 1 (very grainy and thin. Used hard over ripe coconut and not the smooth young coconut which would not give you too much fiber inside of a SMOOTHIE.
2.) A spinach fetticcini/pumpkin/bacon dish - 1 (no flavor in the pumpkin. the spinach flavored pasta was cooked to perfection but that's is. The bacon was not enough and I counted 5-6 coin sized limp pieces of bacon. The bacon flavor could not carry this dish. I will never order this dish again.
3.) The Swordfish - 5 (This dish was very very good. I loved the pine nuts. My partner said it tasted like chicken. However, the vegetable rice it came with was bland. No flavor at all. Even though this is an Italian Restaurant/Café, rice dishes must be stepped up. I couldn't even taste any salt in such a simple dish.
4.) Lamb ribs - no rate (my partner ordered this dish. The ribs were swimming in oil on the plate. This is not good. As the ribs were oily on the plate the French fries were almost drowned in the oil.
5.) garden salad with apples - no rate (my partner ordered this. IT looked very good. Presented well. I never order anything that I can make at home. I could see raisins on top (the purple ones however, dried cranberries would have been better than raisins)
6.) no dessert ordered. (I always always order dessert if its my birthday but from the 2 choices I saw on the menu, I didn't want them and I didn't have time as I had to leave by 3pm.
7.) star beer (biggie). (my partner ordered this and the waitress never came back to tell us the large size wasn't there she just came to the table and opened a small one when we had to bring to her attention that the bottle was the small/normal size. Then she says oh we don't have the large/biggie one. Hmmmmmm. Service as usual in GH.
===========
==========
As it stands, I will not recommend this place to friends and family. The prices were high but the taste of the food for a foodie like me......did not do me justice on my birthday. Sorry.
==========
=========

1  Thank SKP49
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Awesome food, classy ambience, Good service. A restaurant within the showroom where you can look for varieties of modular kitchen.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I went to this gem in Accra to meet up with an old friend. the space is beautifully decorated with an area to have a quiet coffee or to enjoy a meal with friends or family. the food has the most genuine Italian taste, rich in flavour and made from freshest ingredients. Simply delicious menu that will keep you asking for more.
a place to visit while you wait for the traffic to die down or to take you away from a hectic day in the city.

2  Thank Geric A