All reviewsaccra mallclose to the airportnice hoteljunior suitelobby barafrican artroom servicelunch buffetghanaian disheshot waterrooms are comfortablegymartifactsbusinesspresidentmeetingproximity
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I always like staying at this ARH when in Accra as I find it a very relaxing atmosphere. I appreciated very much the way Helina Appiah-Sasraku sorted out some problems with quite but effective efficiency. She is a good Ambassador for the hotel. Cheers

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank swalsh1953
Ernestina A, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear swalsh1953,

Thank you for rating our services on TripAdvisor.

We are so happy to read that you had a great stay with us and most of all your praising words about our staff.

Should your travels ever bring you back to our city, we will be delighted to welcome you back to our ‘Afropolitan’ hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I happened upon this spectacularly adorned property while accompanying friends attending an international meeting there.

Afterwards I was compelled to remain for an extended perch in the lobby/ bar area. The on site kitchen produces excellent reasonably priced fare and the bartenders ‘understand ‘ the art. The space itself is elegantly appointed with African inspired and created art and motifs.

Furthermore , If you’re into people watching, this is definitely your spot. I’ve actually attended fashion week in NYC a few times. This place puts it to shame!

Needless to say, although I didn’t stay in the hotel itself, I rediscovered my perch on multiple occasions during my stay.
Nice!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Ernestina A, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear bvlesterdesign,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers,and for the compliments !

It is indeed heart-warming to read your feedback.

We hope you choose the African Regent Hotel on your next visit to Ghana.

See you soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my family for a night and I had a great experience.

The room and hotel in general was very neat. I loved the Adinkra symbols incorporated into everything. Another thing I loved about this hotel was attention to detail. Towels and linen were crisp and clean. In order to check a hotel’s standard of cleanliness, I check their towels, carpets, shower heads, mirrors and other shiny surfaces and lamp holders. Every thing was clean.

The soaps in the bathroom were made from shea butter, which I thought was fantastic. It smelt and felt good. They also provide a good range of toiletries - dental kit, shaving kit even a mini sewing kit. Only thing is the shower curtain hooks scratched the rod each time they were pulled and made an uncomfortable sound.

My sister had her shirt pressed and it was done well, very quickly and at a good price.

The food was good. Breakfast had a good variety and room service was okay.

Generally, I would say give this hotel a try. Worth the money.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank NanahA1
Ernestina A, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Nanah A,

Thank you for the time taking to share your valuable feedback with other travelers on TripAdvisor.

It was great to read that you highlighted the general standard of cleanliness in our hotel, room amenities, our staff , good food and most of all our Unique African Themed designs.

We are sorry to hear that you had issues with regards to our shower curtain hooks during your stay with us.

Your kind compliments will go a long way to motivate and inspire the ‘Afropolitan’ team and at the same time promote ARH both locally & internationally.

We look forward to hosting you and your family on your next visit to Accra.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The rooms are specious and comfortable.

Everything works... especially the AC

Staff are exceptionally friendly and service orientated.

Spaghetti Bolognese was one of the best I have eaten!

I have stayed here many times and will soon be back.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear RalphSinger,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding your most recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Our guests feel right at home at all times from the very moment they check in to our ‘Afropolitan’ hotel , as we our dedicated and loyal staff strive to continuously deliver our Ghanaian hospitality service culture ,which is completely natural from them.

I will make sure to pass your sentiments to our entire team.

Thank you once again, and we are happy to know that you will still choose us over our competitors each time you visit Accra.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel shuttle picked me up from the airport which was very convenient. The room was comfortable and I liked the art and paintings. The hotel also provided a mobile phone in the room that could be taken out but I did not use it. The hotel food was not my taste.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear Tizee,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.I am extremely pleased to see that we provided you with not only perfect but outstanding services. I hope you will try using the ‘Handy' Smart phone on your next visit.