“Would highly recommend and in fact already have!”

Tangier Private Guide
Ranked #1 of 60 Tours in Tangier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hello, my name is Abdelmoghit, for short MOGHIT. I was born in Tangier, a city located at the crossroads of civilizations. Since my young age, I was influenced by the spirit of multiculturalism which has characterized this cosmopolitan city. This important fact, has greatly contributed in the shaping of my personality and way of thinking. I've chosen this profession by vocation because I consider myself as a sociable and communicative person. The fact of being a graduate of the prestigious High International Institute of Tourism in Tangier has enabled me as a licensed tour guide with a long experience of more than 30 years to meet the expectations of tourists from different social and cultural background. I'm a passionate about history, art and architecture having great enthusiasm and a sense of humor. I offer custom-made tours of Tangier and beyond. I look forward to meeting you in Tangier!
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We decided last minute to do a day trip to Tangier during Easter a very busy time. We were so fortunate that although Moghit himself had been booked for sometime he put so much effort in getting us a fabulous guide and great driver. Moghit was in contact with me down to the last moment even though late in the evening to get everything arranged within our short notice. He even called personally to assure me all was taken care of and to give me instructions for the next morning. The guide Moghit chose for us was Nabil and we were very pleased with his choice. We enjoyed his knowledge, conversation and personality. We were not interested in shopping but more in the history and culture and our request was met. Moghit made a point to meet us along the way and to meet us at the end of the day as we boarded the ferry back to make sure we were satisfied with our tour and to again apologize for not being available personally. He had no cause for concern as we were very satisfied and grateful for having Nabil who was an excellent substitute. We have already recommended with confidence this private tour guide to a few friends who will be booking shortly and to others who will be booking later on. Many thanks to Moghit and Nabil (and our driver) for taking good care of us!

1  Thank maureentoronto2018
in 4 reviews
"hercules cave"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Moghuit was very knowledgeable regarding the history of Morocco and Tangier. He was always punctual and courteous and had a very engaging sense of humor. He went out of his way in every aspect to ensure our tour was the best possible. Moghuit actually took our suitcases through security for us, which was extremely helpful. Unfortunately, his driver, Ahmed, became ill and was unable to chauffeur us, so Ahmed’s son, Omar, drove us to all the sites and was a perfect chauffeur. I doubt there is another tour guide who is more qualified than Moguit to explain Tangier and it’s history, and to make the tour so enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Abdelmoghit did a great job as our tour guide! Along with his wonderful driver Ahmed, the day wasn’t long enough!! Mightily endured our ferry tickets were confirmed, informed us of the required documents to be completed for our ferry trip to and from Spain, and met us directly at the ferry dock at 8am and spent the entire day with he and Ahmed until he safely returned us to the ferry at 9pm. Mightily is very knowledgeable about his country and it’s history and educated mysel and my family on the architectural history and its civilization, past and present. Additionally Moghit was very protective of us when we shopped at the soul to ensure we had a fair price. We saw so many wonderful sites, including Cape Spartel, grotto des Hercules, and drove to Chefchaouen where we enjoyed the sites and had a great lunch. We returned to Tangier and enjoyed shopping as well. We want to return and tour the country of Morocco, and when we do so, we will definitely be contacting Abdelmoghit! He was fantastic!!!!

2  Thank judileigh
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We booked a private tour for a day trip from Spain. We had to postpone a couple times because the ferry wasn't running due to bad weather. Moghit made sure to keep us updated on the changes and we were finally able to make it over. I'm so glad we did. Our guide Khalid was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He and our driver worked well together. We were able to get a good taste of the city tour our tour. I look forward to returning for a longer visit.