Hotel Oasis Tafilalet
Hotel Akouas(Meknes)
US$43
US$41
  • Pool
All reviewshot waterroom was cleanfirst floortrain stationlobbyheater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here as part of a group tour, lights in room are confusing, had to have a shower by torch light to avoid turning all lights on and waking room mate. Unwelcoming reception area, felt uneasy for some reason. Breakfast is basic, 3 choices- omelette, pain au chocolate or cheese. Served with bread, orange juice and tea or coffee.
Hot shower, but WiFi only works in reception.
Get what you pay for really, no luxuries.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2018

I had to share a small double room with another traveller. The breakfast was very small with only one espresso or one cup of tea. If you wanted a second one you had to pay another 10 DH. Breakfast was served at the bar so the morning shift was crowded with possibly more than one tour group. Upon leaving there were 3 or 4 male staff chatting at reception but I had to get my suitcase by myself because they wouldn't help.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

First thing we find is the floor is wet in the bathroom and the sliding door for the deck will not lock and I look for the remote for the TV and air con and can't find them any where. The room is ok but low end 3 star for sure.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Filthy bedroom carpet, toilet doesn't work, no heat when outdoor temperature is near freezing. After excuses and delays, finally moved to room with heat, but still toilet and cleanliness issues. Avoid at all cost.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Being only a couple of years old, Hotel Oasis Tafilalet held such promise, but delivered so little. Waiting to be served by expressionless staff I noted how chilly it was in the reception area. It was the middle of winter and there didn't appear to be any heating on. With keys in hand, we made our way to the 4th floor and alighted from the lift to be greeted by a pitch dark hallway. iPhone torches come in handy to find the timed light switches...
I was relieved upon opening the door to find a clean spacious room. We put or bags down and noticed how cold the room was. Not being able to find a remote, I climbed on a chair to adjust the control panel. The minor success was overshadowed by no remote for the TV, our inability to connect any devices to wifi, no tissues or hair dryer. The room had ample storage, yet only 2 old wonky coat hangers. Suffice to say, we slept well in the king size bed with fluffy pillows and warm continental quilt.
In the morning, I opted not to wash my hair, since it was mid-winter and I didn't want to catch a cold.
We decided to head down to breakfast early, just in case we could connect to wifi and check emails. We settled into the cold cafe and served by a man completely devoid of personality. He slapped our trays of food down on the table like we were in a highway truck stop, and we made a quick exit as soon as we'd finished our eggs. After a brisk 5 minute walk we sat down at a local cafe to enjoy a dose of service and wifi.
Don't cut too many corners, Hotel Oasis Tafilalet, or you'll go round in circles.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple