Riad Jonan
Riad Dar Zinnia(Marrakech)
  • Restaurant
Villa Makassar(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsatlas mountainsroof terracerue de lamanager hassanthe main squaresaadian tombsmint teasun hatsjewish quarterdeluxe roomday tripyogurttraditional moroccan stylethe ground floorfantastic staycouscousfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Riad Jonan is a haven of tranquility amidst the bustling mayhem of Marrakesh. Set away from the main street up a narrow alley it is about a 10 minute walk from the main square.
We found the staff to be exceptionally helpful .
Arriving late , after a flight with no meal provided, Abdul welcomed us with refreshing mint tea and a delicious plate of spaghetti bolognaise!
Our room was clean and decorated in traditional Moroccan style..
Breakfast choices are healthy and there is a selection of foods to choose from .
The food was exceptionally good with very generous portions- so much so that we preferred to eat there most nights.
Ther Riad had a nice roof top area to relax in after a busy day..
Hassan helped us to organise various trips in an efficient way.
We would definitely recommend this Riad.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are in a good location.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank a_downing1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful riad just off the main road in the Casbah in central Marrakech. It is quiet, beautiful and relaxing. The roof terrace is fantastic. It has reclining chairs in which to enjoy the sun or stars. It also has multiple tables and a seating area made to look like a tent in the desert.

The staff is amazing--very attentive, efficient, and friendly. They delivered my luggage to the room, brought snacks and drinks to my room or the roof terrace, and answered any questions I had. I like to travel on my own, and I did so--but they also were able to arrange travel for visitors who wanted a guide. They double-checked on my booked drivers to another city, and made sure that my time in Marrakech was magical.

The food at the riad was also very good. Breakfast was included, and if you booked dinner in the morning, you had a private meal in the evening.

I found I could walk to almost everything I wanted to explore in the city. The riad is only a few blocks from the Saadian tombs, and perhaps a 15-20 minute walk to the main square, Jemaa el Fna.

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs, but a few rooms are available on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank ELK609
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Lovely little b and b type hotel. Lovely staff and clean and tidy. The basic room is small but perfectly fine for one person. The entrance is down a dark alley but soon after arriving that didn't bother me. The street is hectic with hussle and bussle but I found everyone I bumped into friendly and helpful. I am a 100kg man and felt safe walking around the streets day or night

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank David S
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

This is a absolutely charming Riad. It is out of the main huddle and bustle of Marrakech which is perfect. Very quiet and set off the road, the rooms are very comfortable and peaceful. They also offer a excellent breakfast. Staff could not be more helpful. Very pleased we stayed here.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tom_bacon
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

This amazing place is in a fantastic location, so easy to get to the places to see in Marrakech, but far enough out of the centre to get out of the mayhem.
The place itself is amazing! Beautiful place with the most fantastic people running it, they really can't do enough to help. We loved our stay, and just wished we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple