1,123 results
All reviewsmint teaorange treeswonderful hostson arrivalfree upgraderose petalsplunge poolmain courtyardroof terracethe hustle and bustlean oasisuseful informationold citybusy marrakechrooms are comfortablebreakfast was deliciousjardin majorelle
Reviewed 7 November 2015

Took my Girlfriend here for 5 nights for her birthday in February, absolutely everything was perfection I would not change a thing.

Collection from the airport was perfect, on arrival got presented with gorgeous pastries and tea and Laurent sat down with us for an hour and a half, asking us what we wanted to get out of our trip, he made some great suggestions, pointed out the do's and dont's and really started out the trip for us.

Rooms are amazing and clean, roof terrace was great, staff were out of this world. Food at breakfast was just what you wanted and I would highly recommend the meal offered on arrival, some truly great flavours.

What others have mentioned is how 2 minutes walk away you can be in the hussle and bussle of street vendors and the public going about their daily lives and once you get inside the Riad and the door closes it is a true calm and relaxation, none of what is outside that door can be heard inside.

The Riad is easy to find once you have been there and Laurent will inform you of the easy ways to navigate back to the Riad should you become confused. I don't think you would find it on your own so once again would highly recommend the airport transfer.

February was for me a perfect time to visit Marrakesh, watching the sun rise over the mountains from the roof terrace early mornings and even getting some sunbathing in up there. Also its not that hot or busy to be doing the staggering amount of walking needed to visit the true heart of the city. I would not want to be in the main square in the summer heat!

If I was to return to Marrakech which I hope to do it would be on the basis that I will be staying again at the Riad Dar Dialkoum as it really is a highpoint.

Room Tip: All rooms look great, I would have been happy with any of them
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
7  Thank GBCarl
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Can't think there can be a better place to stay for a visit to Marrakesh. The hosts, Laurent & Muriel, are very generous in giving advice and help in dealing with the madness of the old town, and the rest of their staff are just lovely. Nothing is too much trouble. The Riad is an oasis of calm with a welcoming plunge pool, beautiful roof top terraces, and our room (Yasmina) was huge, with traditional furnishings and a wonderful polished marble shower beautifully decorated on our arrival with flowers. If I had one complaint the bed was a bit hard for my liking, but it certainly wouldn't stop me from returning. Breakfasts were good, and the only evening meal we had there was probably the best we had while in Marrakesh. If anyone is thinking of going to this vibrant city, and wants to be totally immersed in the culture this is the place for you. A wonderful warm welcoming retreat in a bustling beautiful city.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sarlly
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Staying at this Riad was really a great experience. Even my 9 years old could not believe his eyes. The place is beautiful and every detail is cared about. The decoration is really beautiful. The food was delicious, definitely my best Tajines ever. We missed our flight from Casablanca to Marrakech and the owner adapted our meal plan accordingly. She helped me to find the right activity the day after. We really had a great stay and would chose this Riad again if we were to come back to Marrakech.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
4  Thank BelgiansNYC
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Fantastic Riad with a staff team determined to meet guests' every needs. Each room was unique with luxurious furnishings and surroundings. Every meal we ate in the Riad was delicious, reasonably priced and high quality. The owners, Muriel and Laurent were attentive and provided invaluable advice which helped us to have maximum enjoyment from our holiday.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
4  Thank tomas2502
Reviewed 1 November 2015

We had a fantastic time staying at Riad Dar Dialkoum, which means 'Your home' in Arabic, and it certainly became our home for the week!

The owner Laurent met us after breakfast on our first day and gave us a very in depth and hugely useful introduction and prep talk(!) about Marrakech. His tips proved invaluable and meant we relaxed and were able to enjoy the city with a lot more knowledge of dos and don'ts! We also enjoyed his many recommendations for dinner, particularly the local fish restaurant in Gueliz. Muriel, who we met the following day, was equally lovely, friendly and helpful, particularly in helping us arrange a trip to Essaouira and booking a private couples hamman.

Amina, the housekeeper, was so kind and looked after us so well. We felt that we were in her home and she was a wonderful hostess.

We booked the riad based on another review that said they had had a gluten free breakfast organised for them. We contacted Laurent and Muriel beforehand and asked if this was possible, and they provided a delicious gluten free alternative breakfast every morning for one of us. It made the trip so much easier to feel like every need was not too much trouble for the riad to meet!

We also had an extremely straightforward pick up from the airport and drop off. The riad is extremely well organised and we never felt worried that a request would be forgotten, or that any question would not be answered.

The location of Riad Dar Dialkoum was perfect - it was initially daunting that it's not in the centre of the medina but we found it perfect, as it was a little bit out of the hustle and bustle so we could come back and relax in peace, and it's close to the bus stop (where we went to Essaouira from) and Le Jardin Majorelle and only a 15-20 minute walk to the main square Jemaa el Fna.

The riad was extremely comfortable with lots of space for guests. Our room, although not large, was well designed and decorated. There were two roof terraces to enjoy with sun loungers and a plunge pool.

We've never felt so looked after on a holiday before, and we would recommend this riad to anyone looking to explore this enchanting city.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple