Riad La Maison Verte
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2018

when we were about to leave the Riad, we were told we had to pay 92 dirhams ( around 8 euros) in local taxes. They charged me automatically all the money the previous day to our stay, so i did not understand they asked me for local taxes when we were about to head to the airport. We had no money, no euros, no dirhams (only 35 dirhams), so we paid it and left. The difference was paid for a woman of the staff. Dont understand why they did not charge all the money together or why they waited to the last moment to inform us.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Our tour group of 30 people had lunch at this restaurant. There were several Moroccan salads to start and then we got to choose between couscous and tajine. There were vegetarian options as well as chicken or beef. It was all fabulous. The decor was gorgeous and comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

A lovely place with amazing people. The restaurant in the terass is so nice. Food is so delicious and good. I would like to thank all the team and special thanks to Mr. Tazzi for his hospitality.
When you walked on the old Médina you feel like an open museum. The tour was as good and smooth with the best guide on the city Mr. Bennani Majid.
Thank you for making my stay so memorable.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2015

My wife and I stayed here for one night in November 2015 - it is a beautiful building and we had the bedroom at the terrace level. The room was spacious with lots of natural light. The room was quiet and we were not disturbed by call to prayer. It was clean but the shower had low water pressure and the temperature was temperamental. The wifi was great in reception but patchy elsewhere.
Breakfast was served on the terrace - it was massive and delicious! There are beautiful views of Fes from the terrace and it is a peaceful place to relax. Service was really good - in particular the biscuits and mint tea on arrival were tasty!
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2015

Beautiful hotel with traditional impressive morrocan décor. Very well maintained and clean.

We had a twin and 4 pax room between us. Both rooms were very good sizes, clean and were beautifully decorated- felt a bit like a palace. Beds were extremely comfortable. It was a little chilly in winter, even with the heater provided, but homes in morocco tend to be made for summer so we faced this throughout. Bathroom was very well kept, decent size and again decorated well. We were provided with good basic toiletries.

Breakfast was very good. The hotel made a real effort to personalise our meal to meet our dietary requirements- e.g. they made eggless pancakes for us. Breakfast included a variety of bread, pancakes, dips, fruit, tea, coffee etc. The meals were served in the rooftop terrace which had a stunning garden terrace overlooking the city.

The hotel also had a small chillout area on the ground floor (ideal for summer). Wifi was good.
Staff were extremely friendly and attentive to our needs (personal service)- it was very much a ‘su casa es mi casa’ attitude which was nice. The major challenge was that the staff spoke very basic English – we had to communicate in French most of the time.

We ate dinner at their sister hotel which I highly recommend- a little pricey for morocco but very good food. We also did a tour of Fez through the hotel which I would recommend (but we definitely paid an inflated price).

Be aware that the hotel has no lifts so you can end up climbing a lot of stairs. The layout means that all the rooms look into the central chillout space, so it can be noisy when full. The hotel, like most in Morocco is made for summer. Staff also do not speak English well, so be prepared to communicate in French. The hotel is tucked away inside some streets, so I would strongly recommend organising a pick-up with them, so you can have someone to guide you to the building.

Overall, I highly recommend this place. Beautiful hotel with good service. I wish I had more days to stay in this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family