“Once in a lifetime experience in Morocco!”

My Desert Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Morocco is the door of Africa, is a fascinating world in a small country. It has been heralded as a country of contrasts, the smells, colors and flavors. But it is much more: its customs, its people, its light and, above all, the experiences offered. We invite you to share them. Share IS TO LIVE
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My boyfriend and I had an unforgettable experience on our 3 day tour. Lahcen was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. He really made our trip special.

He picked us up from our hotel in Marrakech and drove us to our first destination through the Atlas Mountains. Lahcen is a very skilled driver and made us feel safe the entire trip. Along with entertaining us with his conversation and great berber music.

Our first stop was Ait Ben Haddou, which is a beautiful old city and a UNESCO World heritage site where Laurence of Arabia, Gladiator and many other movies have been filmed. At the end of the day we were driven to a hotel in Dades Gorge to spent the night.

Early the next morning Lahcen took us to our main destination, the desert city of Merzouga. Here we met with a group of locals who took us on camels to watch the sunset from the Erg Chebbi dunes. The view was spectacular.

We continued on our camels until we reached our campsite in the desert. Here we had dinner along with the other guests. After dinner we got the chance to hear some traditional music while drinking mint tea and gazing at the breathtaking desert sky. This was one of the highlights of the trip.

The next morning we woke up early enough to watch the sun rising through the dunes. This was equally as beautiful as the sunset we saw the evening before. After breakfast, we made the journey back to Merzouga on our camels. Lahcen was waiting for us when we arrived and drove us back to Marrakech.

Overall, it was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget. Lahcen remains our friend and we hope that many others will have the opportunity to experience Morocco and all that it has to offer with Lahcen and Sahara Explore!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"marrakech"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Last November we went on a 3 day tour departing from Marrakech which took us through the astonishing Atlas Mountains leading us to Merzouga and the beautiful Saharan dessert. On the first day we got the chance to see the picturesque Ait Ben Haddou which indeed gives you the sense of a traditional Maghreb kasbahs. On the second day we arrived to the dessert where we rode on camels in order to spent the night in tents in the dessert where we had a lovely meal meanwhile enjoying the awesome view of the stars free of any light pollution.

We were very fortunate to have Lahcen as our guide. He is the best guide you could wish for! Apart from being very friendly, fun and knowledgeable about the sites and Morocco he was very organized and we enjoyed the entire ride in his company. Ask for him if you want the best possible experience!

All in all, we appreciated the trip and I will strongly recommend you to go on this tour as this is a great value for the price.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I was in the city of marocco, its an experience i'll never forget, a dresm come true. The people are amazing the land is wonderful. I recommend you this page

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

I am enchanted with this place, I really spent a good time with new people and even more with local people. They are awesome and they make feel you like at home. I highly recommend Morocco if you want to spend a wonderful time and specially with Lachen!!! Don't hesitate to go with him....xoxo

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I wanted to say I have lived my best experience I have ever had in my life. I really like travelling around the world and I have visited several countries around Europe and Africa. Without a doubt, doing a trip around Sahara and some towns nearby with this company (Shara explore) has been my best experience. The Sahara is amazing, I'd advise everyone to go there at least once in your life. To watch a sunrise, a sunset and the most beautiful sky with plenty of stars during the night is amazing. Also, Lahcen our coordinator took us to the best place in the desert. We slept where there was nothing, only sand and us, enjoying the experience. He knows the deepest secrets of the deserts and kept us entertained with the most unbelievable stories which have happened in the dessert.
I completely recommend you to live this experience. Good moments, better people who will be looking after you all the time.