“Great roatan snorkeling excursion”

Roatan Ocean Adventures
Ranked #12 of 234 Tours in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Roatan Ocean Adventures brings guest a unique way of enjoying there time here in Roatan. Also providing guest with some of the most outstanding tours the island has to offer, making your time here a fun and safe one.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We visited roatan from the Norwegian pearl. We had to tender in which delayed us getting ashore until noon. We had booked with roatan ocean adventure and Herbert was waiting for us outside the gate to the left just as promised. Very nice suv ride to his place where we began the snorkel hop.our personal guide Justin made it happen. It happened to be blowing 30-35 knots and we were still able to make it to the reef, Beautiful, outstanding,gorgeous! Beautiful corals and fish. I saw the biggest lobster I have ever seen! At least 3 ft long. With our delay getting started, Herbert still got us, we snorkeled and got back to the boat in time! Highly Recomend!

Herbert W, Owner at Roatan Ocean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words and positive review. We understand that when the ships tender it can take some time getting off. so we always wait extra time on visitors to get off. We know the best spots when its windy so snorkeling is always good with us. Hope you visit us again in the future so we can do it all over again.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"private tour"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the best snorkeling dive in a long time. This company only takes out very small groups and gives you that personal one on one service, instead of other dive guides that do huge parties and crowd you in the water. Our guides were Justin and Michael. Justin was our dive guide and Michael trailed us in the boat. Justin took us to the best spots where we were the only ones diving. Justin would point out different things to look at and would even dive down deep and use our camera to take photos for us. In the distance you could see the huge party boats with their 50-60 divers swimming over each other, no us. My wife and I had a very enjoyable, uncrowded three dive trip in perfectly still not even a ripple on the water. The water visibility was in excess of 100 feet. It was a great day of diving.

Thank you for your positive review. We always keep groups small unless your booking with a large group. I will let the guys know you appreciate their guidance during your snorkel adventure. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had a group of 10, 4 adults and 6 teenagers. We were greeted at the exit of the port and were driven in a comfortable van to the iguana sanctuary, then to see the sloths, monkeys, and birds. The monkeys were a favorite! We then snorkeled along their beautiful reef with an excellent guide. The price was reasonable for all the activities and the staff was excellent. I’d recommend bringing a few snacks and bottled water. The kids were a little hangry by the time we got back to the cruise ship. We got off the ship at 8:30 am and they dropped us off at the port at 3pm.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We recently returned home from our cruise that visited the Port of Roatan. We booked the Snorkel Hop with Herbert and his guides at Roatan Ocean Adventures. This snorkel adventure was absolutely the most incredible snorkeling experience we have ever had. This tour included 3 amazing reef stops! Herbert and his family/friends which are also his guides, were top-shelf professionals who genuinely worked hard to make sure our trip was nothing short of amazing! Justin was our guide for the day, and this young man was an outstanding guide! His enthusiasm, kindness, patience, knowledge of sea life and not to mention his free-diving skills were out of this world. By the end of our trip we had nick-named him 'Aquaman'! Also, a huge thank you and shout-out to Davin as well, who was our awesome captain for the day!! I also have to mention, that even though we were the only 2 booked for the snorkel hop tour for the day, they didn't cancel our trip, and we received one-on-one time in the water with Justin! The reefs were full of life, and schools of beautiful fish! I can't begin to say 'thank you' enough for an unforgettable experience and the highlight of our cruise!! We will definitely be visiting Roatan again in our future, and hands down will be booking again with Roatan Ocean Adventures!! BTW - tell 'Calvin' we send our Montana big-sky hello his way too!!! Hands down, we highly recommend Roatan Ocean Adventures! Thank you, ROA!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was concerned that my tour would be canceled when it turned out I was the only person booked for the day--but they took me out on the boat anyway! I was absolutely thrilled; it was like having a private charter. Snorkel, mask, and fins are provided--- and they didn't have any issues with me bringing my own prescription mask from home.

They really are a top notch outfit: polite, freindly, plenty of time in the water, and knowledgable about the local wildlife. Also, the snorkeling locations they take you to are the BEST of any I've been to in this hemisphere. I've snorkeled or scuba dived in Cozumel, Grand Caymans, Belize, St. Thomas, St. Martin, and many others.... the sites they take you to in Roatan Ocean Adventures are second in my experience only to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and some even rival it.

The snorkeling was fantastic even in less than ideal water conditions on a partly overcast day---I can only imagine how mind-blowingly gorgeous the reef locations would be in full sun with better visibility.

If you love aquatic shore excursions, or just want to give them a try, there's no better way to spend your time in port :)