“Decent pizza but not for the price”
Review of Salon Tecun

Salon Tecun
Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Quetzaltenango
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Central American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Burgers, pizza and bar food with a guatemalan twist, bar, Dutch owned, bar/cafe, pub, pasta, hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, soups, cozy, good music, best pizza in quetzaltenango, good atmosphere, oldest bar in Guatemala, mixed crowd, locals and turists, central park, lunch, dinner, late night dining, live music, safe, security, beer, wine, cocktails, good prices
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We had our first meal in Xela here. Food was fine and service good, but prices were very high. Walk a few blocks off the square for better options.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Yes, pizza is really good here. But little bit expensive.. Staff are very helpful and also they speaks English. But wireless is so bad. Connection is too low.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This is the most fun I have had in a long time. We had two native ladies teach us salsa dancing and it was a BLAST. You can step out to the bar for fortification, if needed. They were expert and did not give up, even on the most uncoordinated of our party! We learned a lot of moves and the guys learned to flip the gals over their backs as well as slide them between their feet. I felt like I was on "Dancing With the Stars." Afterwards, we went into the dining room and had drinks and some great nachos. The service was excellent and the waiters were conversational and really interested in what we thought of Quetzaltenango. I would return here in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Interesting decor and in the best market area in Park Central, although I was not impressed with its hamburgers or the pizza. Overpriced as well.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

A friend of mine recommended I go to Salon Tecun, I was expecting a good meal but instead I got a great one. The place has history, its been around since 1938 and its no wonder they are still going strong. The place has a very nice atmosphere and the food and drinks are good.