“You have to know it”

Roque Rosito Cafe Gourmet
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of place that you have to visit when you came to Guatemala City , Its in the middle of the Historic Center , just a few blocks of Central Park , this Coffee Shop was one of the oldest Hardware Store in Guatemala ... Founded in 1903 or something like that.. They have the best coffee ever and the breakfast and lunch are delicious So... this place its 100% recommended !!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Try the Mayan chocolate crepe it is amazing! It's made of pure organic cocoa nibs and grounded here along with a bit of sugar and of course pair it with a latte and your good to go. The service is amazing like most restaurants in Guatemala you'll mostly never find a frown behind the counter. I could come here everyday if I could. Im in love with the cocoa.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I was at Zone 01 in Guatemala City so I search for this little Coffee House I've been hearing about.
When I was a little child my mother had a small cloth boutique in this zone, so I knew Roque Rosito for beeing a store where you could buy kitchen supplies (in one of the photos there's the story in spanish of this place).
But from a time I've been hearing that they no longer sell kitchen supplies and have a coffee shop.
What a great place!
The coffee is just great, today, beacause of my blood pressure I ask for decaf, but in other tables the coffe is served in FRENCH PRESS!
Awsome!
I also tried the "egg cazerelo" which was really tastfull, fried eggs over a toamto sauce with mozzarella cheese!
In the menu I read that they have also wood oven pizzas!
They dont serve dinner, restaurant is open from 8:00 am to 6:00pm Monday to Sunday.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

I went to RR several timed during a recent visit to Guatemala City. That part of Zone 1 is sprouting new restaurants but most serve pricey tipico or nasty fast food (avoid, avoid the texmex offerings on 6th street). But this delightful café is original and serves delicious woodbaked pizzas - you can watch the chef at work. Shades of "Ratatouille." The music could be a little lower but it is nice to hear Handel and Puccini in this, er, slightly grubby part of town. It is a good place to take friends.

And the staff are friendly and kind. When I discovered that I had left my mobile charger behind, a waiter called Vasquez made enormous efforts to help me recharge my phone.

One small caveat, not the fault of the restaurant: when I was there once my friends swore they saw an attempt at pickpocketing. Be keep your bag close to you here, as you would anywhere in Guatemala City.

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

We were at the central mercado and ran into this cafe and enjoyed it extremely!
We ate pizza chapina (woth avocado!) that was excellent - food crust, good salsa, arrived in no time.
We ordered 2 salads (the only in the menu) which were very good.
Highly recomended - clean, nice ambiance, good service.