“AWESOME!!!!!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2015

It was one of a kind adventure. I really love it. Dulce River is so calm and peaceful. I will definitely go back to this place with my family and friends. Guatemala Luxury Tours is the travel agency that brought us there and Im really happy and satisfied with their package.

Visited September 2015
1 Thank Lia_Xi2015

• Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“The water is actually sweet, just like it's name!”
Reviewed September 22, 2015

A lovely little place to stay and experience some of Guatemala that you otherwise wouldn't. Market town, lot's of boat travel. Great food, fresh fish, and generally a great place to relax and wind down. The sunrise over the Rio Dulce is superb.

Visited September 2015
1 Thank Pundog84
Cuenca, Ecuador
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Not going back!”
Reviewed September 1, 2015

There's really nothing to do here. We spent one night, en route to Semuc Champey and all our valuables (passports, bank cards, electronics, cameras, money) were stolen from the hotel we stayed in. We'd been told not to carry them around with us so we locked them in our room ... Hmmm, big mistake. So, get in and get out as fast as you can. The hostel on the other side of the river is excellent, but can be noisy at night.

Visited March 2015
9 Thank Gypsygill
Providence, Rhode Island
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Simply beautiful”
Reviewed August 25, 2015

We rented a chartered 10-foot motor boat to take us down the river. It took about 45 minutes from the bridge to get to the smaller inlets and tributaries, where we found floating gardens of lily pads, complete with birds walking across the top of the lillies.

We came about 30 minutes away from the juncture with the Atlantic Ocean before we stopped to jump out and swim for a minute. The water is incredibly warm and refreshing.

We made 2 more stops, one at the "Birth of the River", a hidden gem. Beautiful. Simply the most beautiful tributary I've seen on any river.

One other stop was at a restaurant, which had a dock over to a hot springs swimming spot and cave tours.

Visited August 2015
2 Thank Andrea M
Brussels, Belgium
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful landscapes and a picturesque way to travel to/from Livingston”
Reviewed August 23, 2015

I read that taking a boat along the Rio Dulce is a great way to travel to/from Livingston, so this is what I decided to do and I was not disappointed! I easily bought a one-way ticket from the hotel I was staying at and me and my travel bag found our way onto the boat. The weather was not the most favourable for sight-seeing; it rained cats and dogs on part of the way there and the crew gave us huge heavy plastic sheets to cover ourselves and our belongings from the rain. Despite the weather, the views were astonishingly beautiful: lush green forests descending from the hills all the way to the water's edge, birds flying, swimming and fishing, local fishermen in traditional boats, villages with houses on stilts. A much more pleasant experience than taking the bus!

Visited September 2014