1,009 results
All reviews washer and dryer full kitchen golf cart monkey river complimentary shuttle placencia village shuttle service howler monkeys the entire staff mayan ruins fish tutti frutti paddle boards and kayaks zip lining gelato tipsy tuna private beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Villa beautiful, super clean and great appliances and set up. Beds very comfortable. Temperatures easy to regulate. Food excellent, service the very best. One of our best trips ever -- having been to Panama, Galapagos, Mexico, Nieves and many other places. Bikes, golf carts, paddle boards and kayaks all accessible and easy to use.

Date of stay: March 2020
Chabil M, Manager at Chabil Mar Guest Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2020

Thank you for choosing Chabil Mar for your Belize vacation and for posting the review. We are always so pleased to read about our villas and their amenities. So many reviews do not include that information since our service gets so much attention. We really appreciate it.

We hope that you will come back again to make another "best trip ever" moment with us.

We wish you all the best during this very difficult time. Be safe and one with Chabil Mar.

Reviewed 16 March 2020

I can’t say enough about our stay at Chablis Mar. Our villa was beautiful, well stocked and immaculately clean. The beds were so comfortable! The staff couldn’t be more helpful and friendly. The gardens were just gorgeous. Such a beautiful setting. I would highly recommend a stay here!

Date of stay: March 2020
Chabil M, Manager at Chabil Mar Guest Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

Shelley, it was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for staying with us at Chabil Mar.

We loved reading your review and hearing how much you enjoyed your Villa and Chabil Mar lush gardens.

Thank you for your "highly recommended" comment. We look forward to having you back with us again someday.

Cheers to you from all of us at Chabil Mar!

Reviewed 12 March 2020

This post is about the customer service received and the disappointment on the follow up call I had today with J regarding my reservation.

I had been emailing back and forth, even had a phone call and I was ready to book for a party of 8 this Friday, but had a few last minute questions. I emailed to confirm when I could call, i was told 5 mins was fine... I called and when J answered the phone, he appeared curt, and that he did not have the time to answer my questions. I verbalized this feeling and at no time was there an apology for the tone, curtness or lack of care or understanding of planning a significant birthday trip. This has been opposite of what I have experienced via email.

Even after I verbalized again "maybe we should discuss this another time" there was no acceptance that Mr. J was not coming off in a great manner to discuss spending money at this resort.

Due to the above, I have decided to not proceed with a reservation at this resort and hope that J understands that if there are other pressing matters in front of you at work (which happens, trust me I get it, Im a social worker/therapist), to just simply state, May I please call you back at a later time or can I have so and so assist you to ensure that your reservation details are handled as needed is a much better customer service technique then the phone call I experienced.

Date of stay: March 2020
Chabil M, General Manager at Chabil Mar Guest Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Good Day Miss Belton,

Let me start by offering my sincerest apologies on behalf of Jordan and the full Chabil Mar staff. This has been a remarkably stressful time in the travel industry, and while I am making no excuse, I ask for your understanding that this is in no way normal for Jordan or any of my truly amazing staff. Over the three years Jordan has worked with me, I, and our guests, have always found him to be, not only a top notch professional, but a kind and understanding man.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to make this right and host you sometime in the future for what is the wonderful experience of both Belize and Chabil Mar. Again, please accept my deepest apology.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

From the moment we arived to the day we left All the Staff made this a very memorable trip. Being personally welcomed by name on the chalkboard was a pleasant surprise and the staff was amazing to our young son. The personal relationships with the staff made the week unforgettable. The rooms were clean and had everything you needed for your stay at Chabil Mar even a hammock right on your deck. This is one of the few places we are already talking about returning to and it was the staff and level of service that makes this place stand above the rest. Thanks for the vacation of a lifetime will recommed to family and friends.

Room tip: Every room was fabulous
Date of stay: February 2020
Chabil M, Manager at Chabil Mar Guest Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Herb and Sherri. Thank you so very much for your great review! You are our NUMBER 1000 REVIEW and what a great way for us to enjoy that accomplishment, with a review that our guests, both of you, lets us know you had a awesome time on your Belize vacation with us.

Such a pleasure to meet you all and thank you for choosing Chabil Mar for your Belize family vacation.

Wishing you all a great 2020. We look forward to your return.

Until then, HAPPY 2020 from all of us at Chabil Mar.

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Chabil Mar was excellent in all aspects. The gardens in particular were absolutely stunning and all staff were charming and attentive.
The cabins have everything needed for self-catering and on site gas barbecues are available.
Placencia itself was quite expensive and feels very touristy.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Chabil Mar for your Belize vacation. I personally was happy to see the terrific comment about our gardens as they have always been special to me with the combination of the beach, pools and Villas. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your Belize vacation. We look forward to having you back with us again someday.

Cheers, from all of us at Chabil Mar.