See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I was apparently the first to waterski on Maya Beach in a long long time which is surprising considering the amaze conditions. Perfect waters and beautiful scenery. I was lucky to spot the discreet waterski sign by the road into Maya Breeze Inn. I skied after one of the jet skis, worked perfectly fine. I am an advanced waterskiier and can gladly recommend skiing at Alan’s place. Chill guy and for a good price!

Stayed: November 2017
Violetta M, Public Relations Manager at Maya Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

So glad you had a good time !
That tends to happen here. :)

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Wanted to love Maya Breeze Inn but from check-in to checkout it was a complete disappointment.

I emailed the hotel prior to booking & they promised cabin A as it was a special occasion for my boyfriend’s birthday. That is the only reason I was okay paying the increased rate for the cabin. When we arrived the owner lead us to Cabin C without mentioning anything (like I wouldn’t notice). When I inquired about being promised A, she said they had overbooked it- no apology. When we checked out I saw on the page they had hand written "Cabin A Promised" meaning they likely bumped us after getting a different reservation. I again asked why she didn’t contact me or offer a discount & she said 1. That cabin was for reserved for her use (despite guests occupying it the entire time) & 2. She would comp 2 nights on our next stay – I work for a corporate hotel and resort group & that is not how you gain customer loyalty. If she had just owned up to the mistake and apologized and offered something to compensate for the mistake, I would've been happy and given a stellar review.

On top of that, their credit card machine broke the day before we left which the owner tracked me down on the beach to tell me I would have to pay cash. I said we didn't carry that much cash & weren’t going all the way into town ($40 US RT for a cab) to an ATM which would charge international fees. She told me to think about it & come back with a solution. We ended up having to go to the bowling alley to have them run our card after going back & forth several more times. Such a hassle on our last night. Again, things happen and I understand that, but the way it was handled was really disappointing.

Finally, there's no wifi in the rooms & no housekeeping unless you ask, give them your key and then it is reluctantly cleaned.

*This was our second trip to Placencia and we wanted to stay at Maya Beach Hotel & Bistro up the street but they were closed for the weekend. Do yourself a favor and book with Helen there. They have a fantastic bistro on the water and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Mrs. Violet owner was very nice allowing us to lounge by her pool for the price of a few Belikin Beers st the Tiki Bar. I did a sketch of one of the rooms and the took a dip in the pool. I have to tell you, the water was fabulous ! Just about 85 degrees perfect for the 87 degree day. The water was ice blue and to me, the best pool we have been in over six trips to Belize.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2015

We truly were able to unwind at this inn.
Our Cabana, 'C' was steps from the pool and few more steps to the beach. It did not have a beach view (trees in the way), but was large. The room furnishings are inexpensive, but everything we needed was there. Shower better than at much more expensive place in San Ignacio.
Beach is amazing! No food available, but bar.
They let us use their sit-on kayak (One has no bung so check it out) to go snorkeling, and we had a great afternoon!
Only drawback was that they do not have a credit card machine so they had to drive us into town (20 min each way) to got to an ATM. We did not expect this wrinkle, so check if it is important to you, or bring cash.
great stay!

Room Tip: cabins A, B, and D have sea views.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dainalp
Reviewed 15 January 2015

After leaving the States 4 years ago to travel extensively in the Caribbean, this is the first time I have felt moved to write a review. Maya Breeze Inn is a jewel in the crown of fine resorts along the Placencia peninsula. Located right on the white sand beachfront in Maya Beach boasting a crystal clear, inviting pool and a popular Tiki Bar, a welcoming place for guests to gather and socialise. All the fully furnished, comfortable, spotless cabanas and apartments boast a spectacular view. They really do offer maid service, a feature I had often seen advertised but never before experienced.
A family business, the owners are hospitable, friendly and intent on making everyone feel at home.
Unlike everywhere else I have stayed there is no extra charge for kayak usage.
A true slice of paradise to be hugely recommended. Thanks Violetta and Mark for making our extended stay so sublime.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family