Hatchet Caye Resort
US$259
US$155
US$199
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$117
Green Parrot Beach Houses(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Beachfront
US$126
US$116
Singing Sands Inn(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$295
US$236
Hotels.com
All reviewseagle rayslion fishboat ridesouth dockhoneymoon cabanahobie catsmall islandchef christurtle excursionthe entire islandturtle spotisland paradisesea lifehighly recommend this to anyone lookingremote islandprivate islanddive shop
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

This review relates more to the female manager rather than the resort.
We stayed initially in room 10 in the main building with beautiful views BUT BEWARE this is directly over the managers office.
She has 2 dogs that seemed to spend a lot of time barking as people strolled by. Don't get me wrong I'm a dog lover but really would like some peace and quiet while on holiday. Like anything though rather than dwell on things it's best to be polite and approach these things. When I spoke to the lady manager I got a stoney cold look and silence followed by " well nobody has said anything in the past ". Well if not then I'm the first so perhaps dealing with it with more customer service and less rudeness would not result in a review like this on trip advisor. There were spare rooms available although we had to move twice and as a result we got upgraded. For this move I'm grateful but for quite how rude she was the owners perhaps should have a word about her customer service.
Interestingly we also noticed she lets the dogs run about unsupervised and therefore there was no surprise to find dog crap lying about. I'd quite happily post a photo of this if they want but I'd rather focus on her lack of customer service.
The remaining staff were wonderful and the island otherwise beautiful. A shame I was left with a slight bitter taste when things otherwise would have been almost perfect.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David B
hatchetcaye, General Manager at Hatchet Caye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Hello David,
Thanks for your review. It is always unfortunate when guests feel they are not taken care of at the island. When you came to me about the dog noise the morning after your first night, the very first thing I did was apologize and ask how we can make things up to you. If I seemed a bit cold, it was probably due to the shock of the complaint and my brain working overtime trying to figure out how we could fix it. We moved you to an oceanfront unit within 10 minutes of your visit to my office and did not receive any further complaints throughout your stay. Coincidentally, I just had a conversation yesterday with guests departing the island asking why they hardly ever see the dogs and I responded by saying that some of our guests do not enjoy seeing or hearing the dogs around. We do keep the dogs around the office area and the open field area North of the office for the most part for this same reason and so guests that want to see them or play with them come over to that area for a visit. While it is true that we do not normally get complaints about the dogs, they are dogs and they do bark from time to time and we understand that for some this would be a nuisance on holiday.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

superb quiet location on a small caye . Everything you nned i right there.
Amazing staff!!!
William and \Rasta where the best. The ntire restaurant saff was fantastic.Do go snorkeling with willim and fishing. You can also use a regular rod and reel and bait fish for amazing bone fihing.
The reef surrounding the Caye is pristine. Take the trip to Monkey river

Room Tip: any room is fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We, spent 6 nights at Hatchet Caye, myself, husband and 3 kids (ages 15,12, and 10). I cannot say enough about this special resort. At first I was a little concern about being over an hour from the main land, on a small island, but everything was great, the reef around the island was great snorkeling, exploring, many people were fly fishing as well. We took full advantage of the paddle boards and kayaks. There is a small fresh water pool that the kids jump into a few times. The dive shop was excellent, we did two of our open water certification dives and they were great working with us. One of the main reasons that brought us to this location was to try and swim with Whale Sharks, it seems the Whale Shark timing is changing every year and it was not to be; but we did go out once swimming in the Whale Shark zone and that was still a great experience. If you love the water, being active on the water and in the water or just relaxing away from crowds this is the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in Connecting rooms in Main house, next time would prefer beach cottage
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank maureencullen
Reviewed 13 April 2017

WOW! This private island is located about 17 miles off the coast of Placenica. The boat ride was a bit choppy and took at least an hour to get there. Once we arrived, it was pure perfection. The resort manager, Dosha, greeted us, gave us a bit of history and showed us around. She was so sweet and helpful throughout our stay. We stayed in the main house in number 10. It was AMAZING! Our deck faced the water, surrounded by palm trees, which kept the room even cooler. The AC was nice and cold! The bed was SO SO comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. It was so cozy! The staff are very friendly and always smiling! There are lots of activities to choose from including paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, fishing, snorkeling, and lounging! The drinks and food are ridiculously good. Honestly, I can't wait to go back. I loved the solitude, amazing sunsets, and pretty much everything about our stay! I love children, but really enjoyed the fact that it was quiet and relaxing. It was mainly couples, with the exception of two families that had older kids at least 15 and up. I wouldn't recommend small children as there's not much for them to do. Its a very mellow, romantic, beautiful place to get away from it all!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tex10
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

This was my second time visiting. I took two pre teens and a toddler. They mostly swam in the pool vs the sea. The weather made the sea a little rough. They enjoyed themselves. Grounds are kept beautiful and the restaurant staff were great. The chef made something simple off the menu for my picky eater. The fish tacos were the best! We are coming back with group in May.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family