All reviewswashing machinebedroom apartmentwifi worked very wellgrocery storeprivate patiothe north endminute ridein towngolf cartguesthouselagoonhostsbicyclesparadisepeninsulafanslaundry
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Our third month long stay was again very enjoyable. We particularly appreciate the free bicycles and kayaks, and the 2 water-side decks overlooking the lagoon, a great spot for a morning coffee or to take in a sunset. The patio is quiet and convenient. The yard is large and very well maintained, with a new above ground pool that is very clean. Ally's is about a mile from the very end of the peninsula, so we used the bicycles every day, not only into the village, but also as far as Maya Beach, and enjoyed the exercise. Mark was a very pleasant and conscientious host. We have not found any other accommodation that offers what we want at such a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Len K
Reviewed 2 October 2015

It would seem that nobody as yet has informed the public at large that the person who made this wonderful piece of heaven in Placencia such a beautiful, comfortable and heavenly experience has gone that way herself. Sadly Ally passed away late this summer in her mid fifties!! Gone far too soon but from circumstances beyond her control and thankfully those she was not aware of! I do not know if Ally's Guest House will continue but if it does it certainly will do so without her at the helm. She was a lovely, beautiful personality!!

Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

I wanted to do a few things on my trip to Belize. All I had to do was tell Ally my wishes and they came true. Want to go snorkeling? Trip set. See Mayan ruins? Gilly will pick you up at 7. Everything was truly extraordinary, and you can't find better hosts.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I just returned from a week's stay at Ally's Guest House after a referral from a friend. It's located right on the lagoon and is an easy walk/bike ride into the center of town. Bikes are provided free of charge, as are kayaks and a pool. There are so many places to sit and read, have a drink relax, all over the property. My room was spotless and the hosts are amazing! Ally is so kind, knows all the best tour guides, activities and restaurants. It's one stop shopping for everything you could want. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Djeff1321
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I returned to Ally's Guesthouse again and this time with my Father. After my first enjoyable stay at Ally's Guesthouse a few years ago, I swore that I would bring my father here and let him experience and enjoy the relaxing ambiance that Ally and Mark offer. It was truly a memorable experience for him and I both on a Father & Son outing. Both of us will always have the memories to cherish. Each day of our stay was definitely a new rewarding experience for my father and a happy one for me. Having breakfast & dinner together at the kitchen table was very gratifying! Thanks again Ally and Mark for making a wish come true for me that I will always be grateful for....Your the best!

Room Tip: If your looking for seclusion, privacy. Rent the 2-bedromm apartment.Truly the best!
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family