All reviewsreubenprivate poolone nightmarissadeckhammocksaccommodationsoceanvillage
Reviewed 20 September 2017

There were 10 of us from all around the US who met here for a week vacation. I will start with a couple of very minor nit picky items (as you can see it did not hurt my rating of the place at all) then on to the good stuff. In order to get to one of the rooms with the queen bed you have to walk through the room with the twin beds. When they were sleeping the other couple had to walk out on the porch to get to their room, due to a bad rainstorm one night, this was made inconvenient. The room that is listed as 4 twin beds, they had taken 2 of the beds and put them together to make one big bed. Was no big deal as the two grown women sleeping in the bed were sisters. I am sure we could have gone and requested that they change it, but they did not want to bother. Not a big deal, but would be nice to ask guests how they would like these beds, especially when you have a full house. On to the good stuff....

Let me start with the Owner. I worked with him directly and Rick was phenomenal. He helped all of us get booked and every-time I had a question, he was super prompt to text me back with answers. The house is beautiful and tastefully decorated. It is fully equipped, even down to the shampoo, soap and conditioner, which all the ladies loved. Maritza was asked several times what shampoo she used. It is the only house we saw with a pool and it was used daily by all of us. The equipment was great and a lot of fun from the paddle boards to the paddle boat to the sound system in and around the house to the fast free WiFi. Cleaning was great! Not sure how they did it with all of us in and out at different times, but our bed was made each day and fresh linens provided. It is a 15 minute walk to town and about 5 to the nearest well stocked grocery store. I was the star of the trip, since i was put in charge of finding us a place. The place is fantastic and I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2017

From the moment I was picked up at the airport in Placencia, the warm welcome from Ruben immediately made me feel like I was right at home. Before I could even introduce myself he was elated to introduce my boyfriend and I to our beautiful home for the next week. Dramatic as it sounds, when I took my first step into Casa Del Sol, I felt this overwhelming breathe of fresh air. My eyes didn't know where to look first...The crystal blue ocean, the breathtaking views, the beautiful home, unlimited places to sit down relax and enjoy the serenity of the breeze and surroundings. As beautiful as the pictures are of the house, nothing captures the true magic until you're there and immersed in the beauty of CDS. Walking through the home I was met with one surprise after another. I've traveled all around the world--to five star luxury hotels, and I have to say I was completely blown away by the five star plus accommodations. Ruben and Maritza went above and beyond in making this trip the most memorable week of my life. From the intricate details of the towels folded into different animals hanging in each bathroom, or the way the tissues were folded into a flower I couldn't have been more impressed. Casa del Sol truly offers you everything you could possibly ask for in a vacation. There are Kayaks, paddle boards, rafts, paddle boats, and snorkeling supplies which we used every day. We rented the Kawasaki Mule which made us feel so adventurous to be able to explore the village and other parts of placencia. But, the house is so incredible, we didn't even want to leave. My boyfriend and I loved waking up to watch the sun rise each morning while drinking our coffee right in the palapa at the house. We're pretty easy to please, but its impossible not to fall in love with the house. Every room has an A/C, TV with cable, and incredible views. The sonos music system was really awesome and a great plus of the house. With the help of Ruben and Maritza they guided us where to go for the best meals, yet I have to say the best food we ate was on my boyfriends birthday where Ruben cooked the most spectacular meal. My boyfriend never felt more special in his life. Casa Del Sol is now my favorite and most special place I've ever been. We had so much fun, we didn't want to leave. Whether you're a family with kids, a group of couples or a small group, Casa del Sol is 100% the best place to go! I promise it will exceed all your expectations and more, now I know why they say its "unBELIZEable!" Thank you for such a beautiful and perfect vacation, I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We stayed at CDS three years ago. We loved our stay then but looked at several others as there have been some new places going in as Placenica grows in popularity. After digging through all the Trip Advisor options we went back to CDS and are glad we did. While some other places are newer none compare to CDS for why we love it. One, Perfect location, many locations say they are in Placencia but they may be miles and miles form the quaint village we love. CDS is a 10 - 15 minute walk by beach or boardwalk to the pier and all the shops and restaurants, or a five minute Golf cart ride. Two, it is one of the only places with a private pool. While we certainly love swimming in the ocean the pool got used by all and is right by the open first floor outdoor living space with couches, lounges and a huge dining table. We had a group of ten and some like to read in the shade and could still be part of the action while others played in the pool. Three, Views from both the First floor and the spacious Second floor Balcony are exactly what you imagine a post card should look like. Lastly, the caretakers Reuben and Marissa treat you like family. They always greet you with a smile and are there to help with anything you need. We dealt directly with the owner on the rental and he was a treat as well. So while maybe it is not as fancy as some of the newer buildings it has all the comfort of home with five star views of the ocean in the absolute perfect location. We hope to get a chance for a third visit soon.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank DVerl
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd trip to Placencia. This was our favorite place to date. We're going back in Nov. with the whole family. It's set up perfectly. Very nice and updated. AC blows really cold. Mostly American TV stations. Nice pool that overlooks the Caribbean with a really great Sono's Audio system throughout the entire site. It jams!!

Rueben and his family are very accommodating. You can use the Kawasaki Mule for $25 a day. Which is nice, only a couple of minutes to downtown. The bar that is right next to Casa Del Sol is really nice. Another nice perk!

Highly recommend!!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We had the good fortune to stay at Casa DeL Sol because of a mix up at the apartments we had booked. Beautiful house with everything you would need for a comfortable vacation. Marisa and Ruben where very helpful and assisted in every request we had. I would high recommend Casa Del Sol for any family looking for a quite and fun family vacation.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family