All reviews plunge pool outdoor shower beachfront studio grinder deep tissue massage yoga studio restaurant upstairs bath salts himalayan salt high quality linens dinner restaurant beach bar grill fresh coffee beans mini kitchen world travelers venture out fritters
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I stayed at Naia with my boyfriend and my mom for a week-long family trip during August. We had originally planned to stay at the Belize Ocean Club, but there was an error with our reservation and we ended up switching to Naia instead - I am so happy that we did! The staff is super friendly, the place was very quiet since it was during the off-season, and the rooms are unbelievably fancy. The spa has its own pool that I really enjoyed. The gym is also nice and was basically empty every time I went in there. We had our own outdoor shower attached to the room, and each of our two rooms were their own stand-alone beach-front buildings. The 1981 restaurant was consistently good. As for the staff, in particular, Carlos from the front desk was always there to greet us with a smile and give us great recommendations for activities while we were in Placencia. Francisco was our tour guide for Xunantunich as well as for the Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve, and I highly recommend booking a tour with him if you're staying in the area. He knew all about the plants, birds, and other wildlife that we came across, and was very attentive and friendly. The only downside I would note is that during this time of the year, due to winds and occasional rain, the ocean is murky offshore and there can be rays in it so they suggest that you go into town for swimming rather than offshore from the hotel. Personally I didn't mind since the pool is so nice, but if you want to go in the ocean at the hotel you might want to come a different time of the year when it's clearer.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank morganleepetrovich
Naïa Resort and... B, Guest Relations Manager at Naia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Morgan,

Thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet our guests expectations, and we’re happy to hear with our stand out team members Carlos and Francisco, we were able to do just that!

It is wonderful to know that you loved your trip out to Xunantuninch and the Jaguar Reserve with Francisco, he is indeed top notch! Our team member work hard to make sure that all our guests needs are met and that you are well taken care of during your stay, this also includes our beach captains who are always there to let you know the best spots to take and dip, and how to avoid the rays!

We count ourselves lucky to have wonderful guests like you who make our jobs not only easy, but so much fun!

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We stayed in a beachfront room at the NAIA. Both the casita and the grounds were absolutely beautiful. The staff is very nice and helpful.

The hotel is several miles from the village of Placencia. We had a car so it was easy for us to go into town but the hotel is pretty far from the village. The food could be improved. In particular the lunch options are pretty heavy considering it is on the beach. But otherwise, we really enjoyed the NAIA.

Room Tip: Beachfront is truly beachfront and are very quiet
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa G
Naïa Resort and... B, Guest Relations Manager at Naia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much for your stay and for your kind review. We do note your comments regarding our lunch offerings and will certainly take it into consideration when we finalize our new menus.

With warmest wishes from the South!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

It's taken me 3 months to write this review, because I'm trying to pretend I'm still there and don't want to talk in past tense. From the second we arrived at the airport, we were greeted by staff with COLD, awesome smelling, fresh towels and driven to the finest property we've ever stayed. It had been a while since we had a vacation as a couple, and we needed it! This trip served the honeymoon that we missed because we were surprised by a baby, the babymoon we tried to plan but life was too crazy, the wedding anniversary trip we overlooked every year because we now have 4 kids, and the celebration of my husband and I both turning 40 just a few months before. We stayed in a private room directly on the beach (without pool). The room was spectacular! Amazing view, huge tub, outdoor shower, comfortable bed, and the best coffee bar (still craving the coffee). For the first few days, we weren't sure there was anyone else on the property. We saw a few people that might be guests. Beyond that, it seemed to belong only to us. The staff catered to us like it was their only mission in life...to make us happy. Success! The food was magnificent. Every morning, we lazily walked up for breakfast and sat in our favorite spots at our favorite table for the best breakfast imaginable with fruit that this fruit hater couldn't get enough of. Most evenings, we ordered room service and had gourmet meals delivered directly to our room. No clocks anywhere. Just peace and relaxation. The water was glorious, and we read often in the hammocks in front of our porch. We took one of the kayaks and rowed out to a private island to snorkel (no additional charge). It was glorious, but we spent a little too long out there and encountered our only problem. We started to row back and immediately encountered an employee that had rowed how to help us get back. We didn't know it yet, but the tide had turned. We tethered to his boat, and it took all 3 of us rowing to get back in 2 hours. Carlos was there to help us before we even knew we needed help. What an experience! What a place! It was definitely the trip of a lifetime with the cost shockingly affordable. My favorite part was not having to do anything or think about anything. Everything was always amazingly clean, and drinks were handed to us before we knew we thirsty. We can't wait to go back...maybe we'll get to see our favorite servers again (Odette, Angie, and Kamille). Love you Naia!

Room Tip: Get a private cabana directly on the beach!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsGates0527

Dear Melissa,

We are so happy to know that you had such a fabulous time while you were here! Please know that it was nothing short of joyous speaking with you on the day that you were checking out and to know that you were so happy, to have been able to finally get some alone time to simply enjoy with Samuel and the sounds of nature here at Naia.

My offer still stands, and you are welcomed to return at anytime, with the entire family!

With kindest regards from all of us!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Naia and I can tell you, it was the most delightful experience we've ever had. Every single member of staff is very friendly and warm, from the shuttle driver to the security guard...they all make you feel welcomed and at home. The resort itself is beautiful, my husband and I stayed in a beach front condo and it was awesome, especially the outdoor shower. The food and drinks are great too, I highly recommend you have dinner at the 1981 Restaurant. Oh, and how can I forget the Spa.....oh my!! The girls there are the best and they give the best massages. Trust me...it's an experience to die for. Go for it!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan T

Dear Jan,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and the kind compliments extended to our employees. Please know that they do read your reviews and are so very proud when they read reviews like yours.

Again, thank you for your kindness and for your stay!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The Naia Resort was exceptional from start to finish. The staff, attention to details, quality of services and products and location were top-notch. We began looking for something that would disappoint, but we couldn't fine one! Our only regret is that we did not arrive sooner and stay longer. We stayed in cabana #29 with our own plunging pool and view to the ocean. From the architectural and design elements, to the small details like fresh coffee beans, to the quality of the sheets and towels, everything brought us peace and/or joy during our time. We reflect on this trip and days at the resort with a longing to return. Thank you for a wonderful holiday!

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Laura O

Dear Laura,

Please know that it was our absolute pleasure hosting you both during your stay and that we certainly appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know that you had a splendid vacation with us!

We look forward to hosting you again when you are ready to come and enjoy some sunshine!

With warmest wishes from Belize,