“Awesome crew and instructors ”
Review of Huracan Diving

Huracan Diving
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Long Caye
More attraction details
Owner description: Open since 2008 Huracan Diving Lodge is the only top rated dive center offering all inclusive vacation packages in the entire Atoll. Our world famous dive sites are all just minutes away from your accommodation at the Lodge. Being 50 miles out in the open ocean, Long Caye also offers some world class deep water fishing as well as flats and bone fishing just minutes away The Great Blue Hole is within sight of our dock and Half Moon Caye will greet you with every morning sunrise from the beach. Forget liveaboard diving… With us, you can “liveashore” and still enjoy deserted dive sites, a private Blue Hole experience, amazing food with fabulous people. Also take advantage of sand underfoot, hammocks on our pier, birds spotting, trails you can run or walk, and dive sites to explore by kayak. Snorkel around the island explore the deserted beaches and find traces of the ancient Mayan world right here on the island. The best scuba diving and snorkeling in the Caribbean. Small private groups with no time limit diving. The only way to dive the Blue Hole and Lighthouse Reef Atoll. Rated #1 Dive Center & Lodge Accommodation Within Lighthouse Reef Atoll ! Only 12 Minutes from your bed to the Blue Hole and 5 minutes to Half Moon Caye. 2 – 5 minutes to most of Belize’s famous dive sites. We offer Professional and Personalized service. Untouched littoral forest surrounds Huracan Diving on the private island of Long Caye, the only permanently inhabited island of the five within Lighthouse Reef Atoll.
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I loved our little diving crew and instructors who were super helpful and fun ! The diving locations were memorable and I had the utmost best experience as a new certified diver

All reviews
"mainland"
"expectations"
"atolls"

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

This is a great place for a diving vacation! The lodge itself is very nice and comfortable, the staff is very professional and friendly and the diving itself is amazing! The location is what made this place for me, just a 5 minutes boat ride from amazing dive sites around Long Caye and Light House Caye, and 12 minutes away from the famous Blue Hole.

We came as guests and left as family!

Reviewed 15 February 2015

I stayed at the Huracan Lodge on the seven day snorkel and R&R package during the first week of Feb. If I where to summarize my opinion in one word of my stay it would be "Outstanding".The online communication between the manager Anna and myself was excellent.She asked very specific questions as to my expectations as a snorkeler and a guest,which because of the entire staff,location.and lodge where exceeded.Anna was also very helpful with booking a hotel and a last minute flight at the end of my stay.The lodge itself was perfect for me ,hot shower,clean rooms comfortable bed.The main areas where very clean and well organized the grounds where also well kept and raked up daily. I was told about everything the lodge had to offer me.If there was anything I wanted all I had to do was ask.The food was delicious plentiful and artistically presented by the very creative Chef Dyron and Carmalita .As a snorkeler I have had some mediocre experiences going out with divers,this certainly was not the case with Huracan.The boat ride to the sites where 5 minutes top(with the exception of the Blue Hole which was less than 15). There are many sites on Long Caye wall which enable both snorkelers and divers the best of both worlds at the same time.My awesome guide and I where dropped off by the reef and the divers drove off a little bit and did there thing.I think the wall was about 20 to 30 yards from the stunning patch reefs I enjoyed.My guide was enthusiastic,had a wealth of knowledge about the reefs and sea life.They where pointing thing out and going under to bring things up for me to see. I consider myself very lucky to have had them as a guide for the best snorkeling I have ever had. During my excursions we saw Reef and Nurse sharks,Eagle and Sting rays,Turtles,Green Moray eels,Just to name a few.The coral itself was beautiful.healthy and in pretty good shape,The water was the clearest I have ever been in.When we went to the Blue hole we were the first there and after we where getting ready to leave two large boats with 20 to 30 people showed up. I definately wouldn't want to be part of the chaos I was witnessing on those two boats.The entire staff takes pride in their roles at Huracan diving and they where very helpful,interesting and fun to be with on all stages of my trip.As a snorkeler I highly recommend them and would like to go back and become a diver

Reviewed 16 November 2014

This is the most amazing diving I've ever experienced! We were treated like royalty, there was never more than 5 other divers on the boat, the boat rides were typically less than 2 minutes to get to some incredibly diverse diving, and Jerome the DM was fantastic (safe, accurate, helpful dive briefings and did a great job underwater in keeping the group together but not on top of each other). The diving was FANTASTIC: lots of sharks, rays, turtles, and tons of coral and fish. Saw some massive nurse sharks, spotted eagle rays, logger-head turtles and much more! Can't recommend Huracan Diving strongly enough - and their location, inside the atoll, means you spend WAY more time diving than anyone else as all other divers must make the 70 mile trip out from the mainland each day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Huracan Dive Center shares Long Caye with Itza Lodge on Lighthouse Reef, one of the 3 atolls in Belize. Huracan Dive Center caters to those who stay at Itza Lodge or at the Dive Shop B & B and those who are camping on Half Moon Caye.

There are 3 reasons we chose to dive with Huracan:

1. Huracan is the closest dive center to the Blue Hole. The Blue Hole is a dive of 140’ so you get 10 minutes to descend and 3 minutes at 140’… a 10ish minute boat ride compared to 2 hours from the mainland is a big plus if you want to remember the dive and not the journey to the dive…imagine if there is weather the day you go.

2. The Dive Masters, the boat's Captain and their crew are top of the line…in safety, efficiency, helpfulness, experience. Our Dive Masters were Jerome and Anna, both with stellar skills and experience. The dive boat Captain, Mr. Reeves, is safe and knowledgeable, careful, considerate, capable, experienced...of the many dive boat Captains we have known over the years, Mr. Reeves is the best. The crew is super organized and professional even fitting in other groups from private live aboards. We arrived the week after Hurican had outfitted a group of 50 people from California who stayed at Itza Lodge. Huracan made sure each were equipped with proper gear…the goal of the 50 was to dive and meditate in the Blue Hole every day.

3. Diving and Snorkeling the Atoll is pristine as it is the furthest away from the mainland. There are 2 Cayes on Lighthouse Atoll: Half Moon Caye is small, has the only Red Footed Boobies Sanctuary and great dive spots; Long Caye has the newly built Itza Lodge along with Huracan Dive Center and B & B a few yards walk from each other…there is great snorkeling just walking off the shore. Long Caye is so close to each dive spot that the boat returns to the lodge between dives. Hurican usually has 3 dives per day…one which can be a night dive.

Itza can lodge large groups and has a wonderful open dining area and bar with hammocks all set up around the perimeter. My husband and I stayed at Itza for privacy and quiet. Huracan has a few rooms as a B & B in the Dive Center where the staff also stays. There is a small kitchen and they offer delicious meals.

When we arrived, we were the only ones at Itza and we dove with another couple who stayed at Hurican..so, just the 4 of us. Check out Huracan's Facebook for photos.

www.huracandiving.com