Official Hotel Site
Sunsequitur
Ottawa, Canada

Just perfect!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 14, 2023
When first planning this trip, I was concerned about "distance from San Pedro town". Now we know Cocotal (@ 2.5 miles north of bridge) is perfect distance. There are restaurants nearby but the drive into town is only 10-15 minutes (depending on traffic). Town is crowded, dirty, lots of traffic and exhaust. It was refreshing and nice to get out and go back to the hotel.

The cabanas were well appointed, clean, large and had lovely large decks with chairs. The pool is super and clean.

The campus is clean and very private with bikes and kayaks and their own dock.

The water was not swimmable while we were there (too much sargassum). But most places on Ambergris Caye had same issue.

The staff were very accommodating, polite, kind and friendly. Ben does a great job!
Date of stay: February 2023
Room Tip: All cabanas and rooms are well located.
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
₱15,140
    ₱15,140
7.4 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
₱7,643
    ₱4,047
  • Priceline
3.7 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
View more hotels in San Pedro
All reviews the main house water taxi ambergris caye golf cart ak bol san pedro town secret beach ocean front beach chairs relaxing vacation bikes reef property dock excursions island units
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2023

Cocotal Inn is a delightful boutique-type inn with separate cottages and two units in a main house. The property fronts the beach with ample cushioned beach chairs at your beck and call. In fact, two cottages are ocean front. Our unit was a one bedroom clean-as-a-pin unit in the main house by the pool. Surprisingly, it was always quiet. We saw only adults on the property including a number of daily grounds workers.
The distinguishing feature of this property is the Ritz-Carlton like service provided by Ben and Yahaira. Ask and it’s done in a matter of minutes. Both are adept at recommending and arranging marvelous excursions that often pick you up at the end of Cocotal’s dock.
We could not have asked for a more relaxing vacation. We met a man from WY enjoying his coffee on the dock at sunrise. He’s been here multiple times and loves his winter vacation here. No wonder!

Room tip: Book early!
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed March 26, 2022

This is a hidden gem - I almost didn't want to tell anyone so i could keep this to myself. Clean (like really clean!), safe, well-maintained, amazing staff. This is my 4th condo-style location in Amberguis Caye, and it was the best place I have stayed. Ocean view, BBQ to use - that looks like new all the time. Bikes are available in great working order ( and enough for everyone. Kayak's too. You can arrange all your excursions at the office. Did I mention the bed was really comfortable and the linens soft :). Close enough to ride to Ak-bol for yoga, cart to San Pedro and Secret Beach. I will be back - soon!

Room tip: Stayed in the main house lower level. Felt completely safe and could sit in my chair and look out over the pool and ocean.
Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank Suesneverhome
Reviewed February 15, 2022

The communication was superior to none, Ben went above and beyond his duties to help us navigate things in the area and is an amazing resource! The Cabana was absolutely amazing! We would highly recommend this place to everyone, or maybe we should just save this place for ourselves...?? Beautiful accommodations and grounds. Had a great time in the mornings watching the sun come up over the reef.
Did I mention how helpful and friendly Ben was???

Room tip: Garden Cabanas are super awesome and quiet.
Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank timwG6040NG
Reviewed December 4, 2021

This was my first visit to Belize and I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm glad I chose to stay at Cocotal during my week-long stay!
Ben and crew made everything very easy. First, I had a taxi waiting for me at the San Pedro airport waiting for me! After a short 10 minute drive, which included a short pitstop at a convenience store, we arrived to the Taj Mahal of Belize. No really, the grounds are immaculately kept and everything is picture perfect!
I was given the ground level of the main inn building. It was a bit overkill for a solo traveler, but hey, I'm not going to complain about that.
As for the adventure part of my trip, Ben worked with me to plan the perfect itinerary during my stay. I was able to go parasailing, snorkeling (twice), swam with sharks, went fishing, and saw some Mayan ruins - all handled by Ben. It was so easy really, the tour boats would pick me up at the pier right outside Cocotal. Pick up, drop off, easy peasy! The best part was that the costs were added to a tab, payable with a credit card upon checkout. I always use Tripadvisor to book tours wherever I go and this is my first time ever that I didn't even log on to TA during a trip!
Overall, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 10/10. Just book this place. Really, what are you waiting for!?

Room tip: Any place is good!
Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank yumatitan
Reviewed November 18, 2021 via mobile

Just… WOW. I am a world-traveler in my 50’s so I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. Everything from hostels to 5-star resorts. Seldom do you see a property so well-kept along with an exceptional and friendly staff at such reasonable prices. My husband I stayed in the ocean-front cabana and couldn’t have loved it more.

Gorgeous and spotlessly clean room. Comfortable bed. Great kitchen. Kayaks, beach towels and bikes included. Beautiful grounds. Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Lovely deck and amazing view. Free taxi pick up from the water taxi. And without a doubt the nicest and most helpful staff you could ask for!

I almost hesitate to write this review as more people will discover how great this place is, and it will always be booked. We had a spectacular trip and can’t wait to return. Thank you Ben, Rose and Jesus for taking such good care of us. We look forward to staying with you again soon.

Room tip: No matter where you stay on Ambergris Caye, bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray with deet. Then pack more of both. Seriously!
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple