Official Hotel Site
Sue
Pickering, Canada

Loved Cocotal Inn!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 25, 2022
This is a hidden gem - I almost didn't want to tell anyone so i could keep this to myself. Clean (like really clean!), safe, well-maintained, amazing staff. This is my 4th condo-style location in Amberguis Caye, and it was the best place I have stayed. Ocean view, BBQ to use - that looks like new all the time. Bikes are available in great working order ( and enough for everyone. Kayak's too. You can arrange all your excursions at the office. Did I mention the bed was really comfortable and the linens soft :). Close enough to ride to Ak-bol for yoga, cart to San Pedro and Secret Beach. I will be back - soon!
Date of stay: March 2022
Room Tip: Stayed in the main house lower level. Felt completely safe and could sit in my chair and look out...
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
₱15,120
    ₱15,120
7.4 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
₱7,633
1.9 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
    ₱4,042
3.7 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
View more hotels in San Pedro
All reviews the main house water taxi ambergris caye golf cart ak bol san pedro town secret beach ocean front beach chairs relaxing vacation bikes reef property dock excursions island units
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2022

The communication was superior to none, Ben went above and beyond his duties to help us navigate things in the area and is an amazing resource! The Cabana was absolutely amazing! We would highly recommend this place to everyone, or maybe we should just save this place for ourselves...?? Beautiful accommodations and grounds. Had a great time in the mornings watching the sun come up over the reef.
Did I mention how helpful and friendly Ben was???

Room tip: Garden Cabanas are super awesome and quiet.
Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank timwG6040NG
Reviewed December 4, 2021

This was my first visit to Belize and I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm glad I chose to stay at Cocotal during my week-long stay!
Ben and crew made everything very easy. First, I had a taxi waiting for me at the San Pedro airport waiting for me! After a short 10 minute drive, which included a short pitstop at a convenience store, we arrived to the Taj Mahal of Belize. No really, the grounds are immaculately kept and everything is picture perfect!
I was given the ground level of the main inn building. It was a bit overkill for a solo traveler, but hey, I'm not going to complain about that.
As for the adventure part of my trip, Ben worked with me to plan the perfect itinerary during my stay. I was able to go parasailing, snorkeling (twice), swam with sharks, went fishing, and saw some Mayan ruins - all handled by Ben. It was so easy really, the tour boats would pick me up at the pier right outside Cocotal. Pick up, drop off, easy peasy! The best part was that the costs were added to a tab, payable with a credit card upon checkout. I always use Tripadvisor to book tours wherever I go and this is my first time ever that I didn't even log on to TA during a trip!
Overall, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 10/10. Just book this place. Really, what are you waiting for!?

Room tip: Any place is good!
Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank yumatitan
Reviewed November 18, 2021 via mobile

Just… WOW. I am a world-traveler in my 50’s so I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. Everything from hostels to 5-star resorts. Seldom do you see a property so well-kept along with an exceptional and friendly staff at such reasonable prices. My husband I stayed in the ocean-front cabana and couldn’t have loved it more.

Gorgeous and spotlessly clean room. Comfortable bed. Great kitchen. Kayaks, beach towels and bikes included. Beautiful grounds. Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Lovely deck and amazing view. Free taxi pick up from the water taxi. And without a doubt the nicest and most helpful staff you could ask for!

I almost hesitate to write this review as more people will discover how great this place is, and it will always be booked. We had a spectacular trip and can’t wait to return. Thank you Ben, Rose and Jesus for taking such good care of us. We look forward to staying with you again soon.

Room tip: No matter where you stay on Ambergris Caye, bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray with deet. Then pack more of both. Seriously!
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2021

We absolutely loved our beachfront cabana at Cocotal Inn and Cabanas. The location was perfect for us. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of San Pedro, yet close enough to get to town within 5 minutes. Ben and his crew were fantastic and do an excellent job of keeping everything spotless. The grounds and pool were cleaned everyday. The pier was also beautiful, with a brand new hammock to relax in and enjoy the breeze off the water. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed June 15, 2021

Ben was extremely helpful with answering all questions, arranging transfers, golf carts, snorkeling adventures! Location excellent and pool was great! Use of bikes and kayaks a plus. Unfortunately we had lots of sea grass and couldn’t access the ocean but it is affecting all the islands at this time. I’d return here!

Date of stay: June 2021