Official Hotel Site
Tim W
Minnesota

Amazing !

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 14, 2022
The communication was superior to none, Ben went above and beyond his duties to help us navigate things in the area and is an amazing resource! The Cabana was absolutely amazing! We would highly recommend this place to everyone, or maybe we should just save this place for ourselves...?? Beautiful accommodations and grounds. Had a great time in the mornings watching the sun come up over the reef.
Did I mention how helpful and friendly Ben was???
Date of stay: January 2022
Room Tip: Garden Cabanas are super awesome and quiet.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
₱26,153
    ₱26,153
6.3 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
₱6,880
    ₱23,272
  • Priceline
0.9 km from Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
View more hotels in San Pedro
All reviews the main house water taxi ambergris caye golf cart ak bol san pedro town secret beach ocean front beach chairs relaxing vacation bikes reef property dock excursions island units
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2021

This was my first visit to Belize and I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm glad I chose to stay at Cocotal during my week-long stay!
Ben and crew made everything very easy. First, I had a taxi waiting for me at the San Pedro airport waiting for me! After a short 10 minute drive, which included a short pitstop at a convenience store, we arrived to the Taj Mahal of Belize. No really, the grounds are immaculately kept and everything is picture perfect!
I was given the ground level of the main inn building. It was a bit overkill for a solo traveler, but hey, I'm not going to complain about that.
As for the adventure part of my trip, Ben worked with me to plan the perfect itinerary during my stay. I was able to go parasailing, snorkeling (twice), swam with sharks, went fishing, and saw some Mayan ruins - all handled by Ben. It was so easy really, the tour boats would pick me up at the pier right outside Cocotal. Pick up, drop off, easy peasy! The best part was that the costs were added to a tab, payable with a credit card upon checkout. I always use Tripadvisor to book tours wherever I go and this is my first time ever that I didn't even log on to TA during a trip!
Overall, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 10/10. Just book this place. Really, what are you waiting for!?

Room tip: Any place is good!
Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank yumatitan
Reviewed November 18, 2021 via mobile

Just… WOW. I am a world-traveler in my 50’s so I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. Everything from hostels to 5-star resorts. Seldom do you see a property so well-kept along with an exceptional and friendly staff at such reasonable prices. My husband I stayed in the ocean-front cabana and couldn’t have loved it more.

Gorgeous and spotlessly clean room. Comfortable bed. Great kitchen. Kayaks, beach towels and bikes included. Beautiful grounds. Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Lovely deck and amazing view. Free taxi pick up from the water taxi. And without a doubt the nicest and most helpful staff you could ask for!

I almost hesitate to write this review as more people will discover how great this place is, and it will always be booked. We had a spectacular trip and can’t wait to return. Thank you Ben, Rose and Jesus for taking such good care of us. We look forward to staying with you again soon.

Room tip: No matter where you stay on Ambergris Caye, bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray with deet. Then pack more of both. Seriously!
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2021

We absolutely loved our beachfront cabana at Cocotal Inn and Cabanas. The location was perfect for us. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of San Pedro, yet close enough to get to town within 5 minutes. Ben and his crew were fantastic and do an excellent job of keeping everything spotless. The grounds and pool were cleaned everyday. The pier was also beautiful, with a brand new hammock to relax in and enjoy the breeze off the water. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed June 15, 2021

Ben was extremely helpful with answering all questions, arranging transfers, golf carts, snorkeling adventures! Location excellent and pool was great! Use of bikes and kayaks a plus. Unfortunately we had lots of sea grass and couldn’t access the ocean but it is affecting all the islands at this time. I’d return here!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Michele L
Reviewed April 8, 2021

Cocotal was the best place. I loved how small it felt, but there was plenty of space to have privacy and ocean views. We stayed in the ocean front casita, and it was so large. The ocean was a few steps away, and the front door led to the pool. I also want to give a shout to Ben - he's the best! He was extremely responsive, friendly, accommodating, and all around the best there is. He is a true gem. Thank you Ben for all your help!

Date of stay: March 2021