“Good choice for Mexican”

El Potrillo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 562 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We have been on a search for a good Mexican restaurant since are favorite closed several years ago. This one has moved to the top of our list. There are some good choices in addition to the usual combos you see. I had the carnitas dinner. Pork was great and the helpings huge. My husband had a Scott's burrito which was the carnitas meat in a burrito. Also a good choice if you want something smaller than the dinner. Waiter was friendly, place was clean. We will go back.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

This place has the best Mexican Food on the Northside of Atlanta. The staff is very nice and the drinks are excellent!! The best Margarita's I've ever had!!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

My husband loves this place. We have gone several times. The first time was the best. However, since then the quality and service has diminshed. This last time we had to wait 25 minutes before our food was ready. This was bad considering there were only three tables of customers, and I watch the Cook eat his dinner before cooking mine.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Mexican makes me the happiest of happy's in life. Authentic Mexcian, and this is it right here! I am from Texas and I know real Mexican and I now Tex-Mex..... This is the real deal! On Thursdays they have $2.99 margaritas, if you are driving all you need is one! the service is fast and upfront. amazing amazing amazing food and fun atmosphere! every time i go here i get a new dish, i have circled back around yet.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

The server was OK, a little slow but friendly. We had a very tasty salad for $8.99 (I forgot the name of it) but the portion was very generous and it had lots of good points: grilled chicken was generous and tasty, guacamole fresh and yummy, nice black beans, but only two bits of tomato.

The downfall was the steak fajita ($12.99) my son had. It was NOT cooked with onions and peppers like most times he or I have experienced it elsewhere. This was literally just barely a pile of cut-up steak; NO flavor and only a couple peppers cooked (not sauteed, not sizzling, no seasonings whatsoever) sitting limp next to the sad strips of what seemed like boiled beef. The accompanying plate of lettuce, refried beans, pico and guacamole was OK though.

Firat time EVER we didn't even want to take the leftovers home; sadly we were disappointed although the salad was SO GOOD (we rounded our review up from two and a half)