“Nice lunch”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loads of locals eat here. Casual and unpretentious. Food cooked fresh with a variety of fish on the menu. Give it a try.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordered take out. It was dinner time and the restaurant wasn't busy...only one table was occupied. Our fried shrimp was not good. It was tough and tasteless. The "sides" are very small-at least in take-out. The cheese grits were good as was the cole slaw.
This was my first time at this restaurant and I will not be returning. The staff was friendly, but I feel the cost of my meal did not reflect the quality I would expect. Perhaps our meals were not their standard but for me it is a one and done.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a nice lunch of fresh fish. The catfish was really good. Plus, my son thought the shrimp were really tasty. We had a good server, and the restaurant was clean.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Never liked Cat Fish, but this place the fish does not taste like mud. Nice and friendly people. Love it.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a favorite for Apopka locals. Friendly staff make you feel like family.
We much prefer the fingerling bone in little catfish to the boneless. Much tastier closer to the bone‼️. If the chef is cutting the tomatoes very thin, these are the best friend green tomatoes anywhere. Last visit they were too thick.
We could make a meal out of the thin crispy horseradish mayo dipped vegetable-like fruit. Grilled grouper was ok, but not fresh. Great tea. Try their pies. I've never had good fresh lightly breaded popcorn shrimp anywhere and my guest said his was not fresh but better than most. Give it a try, especially if catfish are your thing.

Been to The Catfish Place? Share your experiences!