“New to fish”
Review of Something Fishy

Something Fishy
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Apopka
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Growing up my family NEVER had fish. I was the same for years and only recently started to try. Long John Silver type is good but Something Fishy is superb. Fish is very fresh and prepared very well.

Place is family owned and operated, owner/chef is superb and friendly.

I wish them all the luck and I for one will be going back.

Reviewed April 30, 2016

We grabbed lunch here and were mostly pleased. The food is cooked to order and of very high quality. Excellent seasonings and very creative tastes. Portions are ample. This is not a fish and chips or catfish and grits establishment. Something fishy is a true mom and pop fish place, with home style fare bordering on nouvelle cuisine.

I had the fish sandwich, but paid the upcharge to go with cod instead of swai. I don't find swai to be the quality of fish I would expect to find on an upscale menu. The sandwich had two well portioned pieces of fried cod. The sandwich was very good and served on a brioche bun. The French fries were excellent, but the cole slaw was superb. Very light mayo but bursting with flavor.

My kids had the fried cod on rice. Their cods were both slightly underdone, but still tasty. The fragrant rice threw them off, but a nice complement to the fish for the adult taste. I tried the red quinoa and it was by far the best thing on the menu. Wow! It's served hot and has a slight spice to it. Simply marvelous. Given the option, I would probably come back and order bowls of the red quinoa to go. It's that good.

This is a new establishment and they are working out some of the kinks. What was good was well done. Other areas need a bit of improvement, but I'm sure this is a work in progress. We will be back.

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

So excited to find a new restaurant in Apopka, but not impressed. A friend and I stopped in for lunch. First thing we noticed was the place was a little smokey and fishy smelling. Seems they had a little problem with the exhaust system. That however didn't deter us, we wanted to give it a try. The menu is short, but the fish sandwich sounded good. It was after we ordered at the counter and then sat that I saw a sign on the wall indicating that the fish of the day was cod, so I guess it was a cod fish sandwich. The fish comes on a nice bun with lettuce & a slice of tomato and a drizzle of cilantro mayo. It looked nice enough but the piece of fish was dwarfed by the bun and was a bit flavorless. I tasted mostly bun and mayo. It wasn't bad, just wasn't very good. The sandwich comes with a side. I choose Coleslaw which was pretty good.

Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I just ate here for the first time. They just opened 5 weeks ago and we really liked this restaurant because it's family run and the food is great. We had some yummy hush puppies, ahi tuna tacos, calamari, grilled shrimp plus fish, chips and Cole slaw. (Don't judge, we couldn't decide what to order, so we ordered a lot, then ate it all!) The food was really great, but what I liked best was the family's team spirit. Patrice and Chef Terrance are husband and wife-they gave us such a warm welcome!, their son went to culinary school and was in the kitchen with his dad, and their daughter who has gone to art school has done the artistic murals on the wall. It's a small restaurant, casual atmosphere, with great food and a really great vibe! We'll be back!

Reviewed April 3, 2016

To escape the driving rain, we stepped into this newly opened little restaurant. It was empty but Patrice, wife of the Chef Terrance and co-owner, gave us a warm welcome.This is the beginning of a new and savory friendship.The restaurant is brightly decorated, but basic in its appointments. The important thing here is the FOOD! It matches up to the best we have eaten anywhere - including the 5-6 star restaurants we love! The best part it is right up the street from where we live. Run . . don't walk . . it truly is that good. Crab cake sandwich,sushi quality tuna poke, crab and corn chowder - even the coleslaw was amazing. Patrice let us try a new item the are considering for the menu - hush puppies. Roger is a connoisseur of HP and gave the 5 stars; me I just don't like HP but that that has changed. They were delicious and absolutely 5 stars. Can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu.

3  Thank Katiefoster46