“Irresistible Ribs, Gormley's at the Gibson Inn”

Gormley's At The Gibson
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Relaxing, enjoyable atmosphere located in a beautiful historical hotel. Great wine list. Excellent creative specials & menu! Our wonderful well known to the area, Chef Brett Gormley uses only the freshest & finest quality seafood,(never frozen) veggies & ingredients all made from scratch & cooked to order. Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian menu available. Expert professional service! Casual or fine dining experience. Outdoor seating is available on our porch. Kid friendly, dog friendly(outside) as well. Special events, rehearsal dinners, weddings, catering on & off site,take out & private dining room available.
Reviewed 1 August 2015

I enjoy the Irresistible Ribs. Slow braised and falling off the bone tender barbeque pork ribs with twice baked potato and fresh green beans. Very delicious!

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Visited here on our first night without a reservation. The oyster bisque was exceptional, couldn't recommend it enough. Every course that my wife and I tried, we loved, loved, loved.
Our waitress was really lovely too.
At the end of the night the chef came out and spoke to us; it was a pleasure to be able to thank him for his exquisite meals.
This placed also looked like a lovely place to stay (wish we had!)

1  Thank Sodyathen
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Chef Brett is an exceptional and inventive cook. I opted for the oyster appetizer, these were topped with a shallot dressing, a candied habanero slice, lemon and caviar, a delectable combination of flavors.
The grouper was cooked delicately in a light lemon cream sauce. My husband enjoyed the barbeque
pork ribs with twice baked potato and steamed collard greens. Fayah was our server ... she is a true
professional. Brett came to our table to greet us and recommended his homemade peach sorbet for dessert, also delicious. This is a special restaurant and I plan to dine at this one place only when we next visit Appalachicola.

1  Thank weeseafla
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

To start the restaurant is in the historic Gibson Inn, which creates an aura subdued class from a by gone era. Often however the food in classic places doesn't live up to expectations, well here that is not the case. To start the food offerings are inventive but not to blur the lines of food but tone enhance the wonderful seafood caught here. My daughter started with the house made alligator sausage very good. I had the sashimi style oysters with an Asian inspires mignotte, which was excellent. My wife had the curried coconut soup which was very good, but her snapper ceviche was excellent. My tuna dinner was very good cooked perfectly although the wasabi mashed potatoes were slightly overpowering. My wife's fish of the day was excellent. The house made ramen noodles were very good. The house made creme brûlée was excellent as was the flourless chocolate and the house made lime pie was good. And our cheese plates was excellent. Our service was good and attentive however, a martini order was messed up and my daughters sausage came with everything while it was ordered just sausage. That being said, while dinner was expensive it was very good. I have had better meals but not in Apalachicola.

1  Thank junderw66
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

The restaurant at the Gibson Inn has been so many things over the years, some great , some mediocre but so few last. Our first time at Gormley's tonight was exemplary. Perfectly fresh oysters fried in a light crispy batter 'til golden. Snapper with a citrus curry creamy sauce over orecchiette. Wine list quite acceptable. Bread very fresh and crumby. Cheese plate excellent. Service attentive. Sat on the porch. Warm but nice to watch Apalach walk by.

1  Thank unguidedmissal