“Gret food and service”

Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Island Ocean Star Sushi, Hibachi and Japanese cuisine invites you to enjoy the finest Anna Maria has to offer. From the breathtaking views over looking Bimini Bay on Anna Maria Island to our flair for the dramatics at our brand-new hibachi table. Come spend the night with us. Ocean Star has a full bar, sit down sushi bar, Hibachi table and outside dining on the water.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Loved the food here and surprisingly large portions for a Japanese restaurant. Reasonable prices. I has salmon and other person had Fillet Mignon. Perfectly cooked. WE both agrees however, they used way too much salt in both our dishes. Less salt, more taste. Excellent wait staff.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

My lady and I were tired from a long day on the water. The Island Ocean Star was an oasis of culinary delights! The server was very attentive and helpful. Many great items on the menu. My lady had the Tuna which she loved. I had a great Japanese Steak dish. The drinks from the bar were really well made (ex-bartender, I am). Next time, I want to sit at the large table where the Chef prepares everything right in front of you!! We'll be back!

Marina: Called Dockmaster in route and made a reservation. Slip 42. Clean showers and great food at the Ocean Star Restaurant! Best location and nicer marina than others close by.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My wife ordered Sushi which she liked a lot. I had the Sushi quality Ika Katsu and was disappointed. It appeared to be prepared from a fairly large fish, not very tender at all. The waiter "registered" our remark, but no further comment or action. Service was OK this time. It is our impression the quality of the restaurant has gone down, since they moved from the strip mall to the marina location. Maybe they think the view at the new location can compensate for diminishing quality. Not for us.

1  Thank ludlbk
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The appetizers were good as well as drinks, but I was quite disappointed in my seared tuna dinner. It was smothered in too much sauce and other stuff and the texture was not good or the temperature--which should be cool in the rare to medium rare inside. It was hot and a bit mushy. It's a pretty spot at a marina and a nice deck outside where you can also dine, watch the sunset and possibly see manatee and dolphins. The service was a bit disappointing as well. We went early and felt like we were rushed the entire time.

1  Thank BonanzaWoman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé always visit the island and enjoyed our first experience at ocean star back a couple years ago, but unfortunately each time we went back the service kept getting worse and worse. We kept going back to give it another chance only to leave with an even more bitter taste in our mouth. The thing that bothers me/us has been the customer service and attentiveness of the waiters/ waitresses. We show up and sit for more than 5-7 min without someone saying a word to us even with the servers passing by more than once. Maybe an ok place for a one time go around but long term I don’t think it’s a solid relationship.
Sad to leave this review.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member