“Cinnamon Rolls are HUGE!”

Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe and Coastal Store
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are located in the Historic City of Anna Maria, a quaint "Old Florida" area on the north end of Anna Maria Island. Our store is a unique collection of local art and interesting finds. We provide beach supplies, like suntan lotion, sunglasses, flip flops and other items to help you have fun and stay comfortable while at the beach. At Ginny's & Jane E's you will hear the sound of people enjoying a meal together with their friends and neighbors. Our cafe offers you a great breakfast and lunch menu. We bake our yummy cinnamon rolls from scratch each morning. We focus on fresh and natural ingredients. All our oink, clocks and moo's are the preservative and chemical free, from cage free eggs, no hormone and steroid free chickens ,to grass fed beef, we care about what we serve.
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I stopped at Ginny's and Jane E's one morning to pick up some of their well-known cinnamon rolls. As soon as I stepped into the place, you get this sense of warmth and happiness that puts a smile on your face immediately. We walked towards the back of the cafe and could take a look at their menu on the wall. They have everything you could imagine for breakfast! I eyed up the bakery case and saw the cinnamon rolls....they were as big as a salad plate! They had so many wonderful goodies in that case that I didn't know if I should buy more or just stick to my original purchase. We decided on 2 Cinnamon Rolls to go and check-out was a breeze. Very friendly workers! We returned to our rental and devoured those huge cinnamon rolls. They were warm, and tasted like they just came out of the oven. Amazing! Next time we are back on the island, we plan to have breakfast there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed 19 April 2018

This is my family's favorite breakfast spot. Love the eclectic decor that combines a funky store with a fun restaurant. From creme brûlée French toast to egg skillet dishes, you can't choose wrong. We bought a key lime pie to take home for dessert. It was fabulous!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stop in on occasion and will get a coffee and a bite to eat.
I don't give out reviews for places that just tend to do what they have to, but I do give out reviews for places that impress or depress me.
1: A nice place for some local artist to show their stuff.
2: I had a Cesar Salad Wrap; picture a tortilla loosely folded with a little bit of lettuce, a slice of onion actually not a whole slice, and some Cesar dressing at one end of the wrap along with a hand full of Croutons. Which they referred to as a Cesar Salad. I could have "Upgraded" my wrap with chicken for I believe 5 dollars more. I didn't want any meat.
My wife had a Chicken Salad sandwich on a Croissant in her words. Dry ... very dry and with no flavor. Some mayonnaise and a piece of lettuce.
We didn't have any drinks just water which is free. The cost was over 18 dollars.
We left very disappointed this place used to be a much better place to eat with prices a little more reasonable.
I understand you are at the beach but that shouldn't be an excuse for not putting any effort into the work you do. It was mid afternoon the lunch crowd was in and we ordered lunch so no excuse for ordering something that was out to the norm.
It will be a long while before we try them again; if we try them again. They are not the only place to eat.

1  Thank Douglas C
Paul and Tammy F, Owner at Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe and Coastal Store, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Douglas. I am sorry you had a poor experience. I want to review your order on the camera but I cannot find it the last 5 days. Can you call me or my managers(Morgan or Amanda)with more details, I appreciate that. Our chic salad is a popular item, put on a freshly baked croissant. Sure sounds like you didn't experience that. Our caesar wrap is on a tomato wrap and does not have onions. You said, on a tortilla with onion, is totally baffling. It should be shaved parmesan, romaine and our homemade dressing with croutons. I sure wish you spoke with our manager before leaving. Our number one priority is you.we care about our food, our chicken breast is 5 dollars, as it is a whole breast we cut up, and it has no steroids, antibiotics, or additives.All of our protiens are without additives, nitrates or antibiotics. The chicken in the chic salad is the same. We know it costs a little more, but we know its a healthier and tastes better. Thank you Douglas, hope we see you back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We loved this place the first time we came years ago and have even bought some fun art to take home. It is still a great place. We stopped in almost every day of our vacation for ice coffees, smoothies, breakfast or lunch. Everything was very good and the service is the best. Even if there is a long line, go as it is worth the wait plus they move pretty fast. And you can shop while you wait for your food anyway!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. We visit this place when in Holmes Beach. It is so sweet and beyond unique.....