“Slow, bland, and cold”
Review of Arvada Tavern

Arvada Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Arvada Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 279 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

The place has a great vibe and friendly staff. Unfortunately, the food was disappointing. One plate came out cold, the salad was a mushy disaster, and the macaroni was sweet. The service was also painfully slow and neglectful. I’d skip this one.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We had a great meal here, downstairs. The upstairs bar is accessed through the phone booth - speakeasy style. Everything was well prepared, our server was great, and the drinks are as excellent as others have said - OK, I just went with a Negroni, but it was perfect. A fun spot with delicious food.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Events were such that we had to eat out, unexpectedly, on a frigid December Tuesday night during what seemed to be a progressive egg nog contest...so it was busy in Old Town Arvada. It was Tiki Tuesday, with additional Polynesian drinks and food many items and the servers in Hawaiian shirts. We sat at the bar until our table was ready, just before the food arrived. We had a great time at the bar, talking with the bartender. It seems that the employees own the place or have a stake in the business. Service was great even though the place was packed; loved the cocktails! Unlike some other reviewer experiences, the drinks were strong, tasty and did not give us a headache. The food was good, without being great.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been to the Arvada Tavern several times and I've gone there with my son as well. Upon each visit the staff has been very friendly in greeting and seating promptly. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about the menu, the locally-sourced ingredients they use, and ready with recommendations. And the cocktails! Oh wow! Their mixologists are so fantastic, each one seems a little work of art. If you are willing to try something new this is a great place to do it. And don't overlook visiting the Speakeasy upstairs. It's a cozy little room with a Cool vibe and great music. And not so loud that you can't have a conversation with your companions. In the summer it also has a nice little patio area right on the street, so a great spot for people watching in this busy reinvigorated area.
(Now if the transportation gods would only get the Gold Line light rail open it would make it so much easier for people downtown to come out to Arvada)

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with a coworker on what was apparently Tiki Tuesday. Island themed cocktails, apps and Hawaiian shirts abound.

The blacked shrimp tacos were excellent. The shrimp was cocked just right and not the least bit chewy, which is easy to miss. I had Caribbean Jerk wings too which were big and meaty but maybe could have been a bit spicier for me. Both were based on small plate portions so my companion elected to order a second round of tacos to complete his meal.

We had Rum Old Fashions which were pretty good and seemed fitting for the theme. Neither my travel associate nor I wanted anything too sweet and these hit the mark pretty well. If we didn’t have work to do and had to drive we both would have had a second. Given the theme and happy hour specials we walked out without breaking the bank.

The Tavern will be on my return list next time I’m in town for work again.

Been to Arvada Tavern? Share your experiences!