“First stop after Spain”

Din Tai Fung - Westfield Santa Anita
Ranked #3 of 257 Restaurants in Arcadia
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Just flew back from a couple months in Ibiza Spain and needed some great Chinese food. Spain is noticeably lacking in this area so one of my first stops had to be Din Tai Fung. They’re so popular that they have two locations in the same city just minutes away from each other. I enjoyed the usual soup dumplings and their pork chop fried rice!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Still great food but service and cleanliness are suffering. I will be coming here less often from now on because the hostess was rude and disorganized. She gave our table to friends twice. Staff kept stepping over the trash on the ground instead of picking it up. We were at the restaurant close to closing time and it looked messy. They need to keep up the appearance all day long. I’m actually surprised it still had an A rating from the heath department. I pray they will clean up their act because they’ve really got a great product.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Strategize your visit, avoid the long wait of 2-3 hours by coming in the restaurant in the afternoon time. It’s relaxing and your’ll have time to enjoy your food with your family or friends.
The crew servers were all welcoming. I noticed that all of them have a warm smile serving the customers from each table.
A must have is the classic xiao long bao. You may want to make it a 4 orders at one time. It’s that good! The food came out in a timely manner. I was surprised with this detailed service of being mindful to have the food delivered on the table while it’s hot instead of bringing all the orders on your table.
For dessert, a must to try (which we did) and highly recommended is the red bean xiao long bao. It’s delightful!
You’ll have to explore the other items on the menu on your own. Just remember, as my son shared his thoughts, “...let’s order more of the items that they are famous for.”
Open up and go, try something new to eat!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food is excellent but the wait time is terrible. Call for a reservation in advance but that only shortens your wait time.

It's pricey but delicious if you don't mind spending the bucks.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Wow - where to start! This place is fantastic. We ordered four different things and they were all fantastic - i’m pretty sure that anything on this menu would have been great.

The wait staff was very helpful and ready to advise and explain the details of all of the items we asked about, guiding our choices so we got a great range of things. The dumplings were superb - Ive eaten dumplings in Shanghai and Hong Kong and had a variety of similar types of food in other cities in the USA based upon all of these eating experiences I would find it hard not to rate this restaurant as one of the best overall - possibly the best. Such great flavors and really great fun too!