“First time to Disneyland”
Review of Disneyland Park

Disneyland Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$196.99*
and up
Disneyland 1-Day Admission with Transport from...
Ranked #2 of 159 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the place where imagination is the destination. For young and old, big and small — it's the happiest place on earth! Come build memories with your family that last a lifetime as you discover the wonder of this magical, fantastical world. When you enter the lands that comprise Disneyland Park, stories come to life around you, immersing you in tales from some of your favorite Disney films.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This spring break, I took my 5 and 6 year olds to Disneyland for the first time. They both loved the experience. I enjoyed it more then they did probably. I had not been to Disneyland in over 25 years and it was so fun enjoying some of the favorites I remembered and also experiencing all the new attractions. The wait times were what i expected for spring break and the characters were accessible and fun to see. I also brought my 14 year old who loved it just as much as the little girls.

Write a ReviewReviews (24,746)
All reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 2,585 reviews
"splash mountain"
in 928 reviews
"small world"
in 899 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 762 reviews
in 578 reviews
"blue bayou"
in 255 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We searched the internet and found a site with a forecast / predictor / calendar/ and figured out what days would work best to go. We picked days that were considered as "Ghost Town" days. Worked great - we hit every ride with no real wait times. We purchased our tickets at the gate along with the recommended a disney phone app. It was $10 per person per day extra. Well worth it when you want to see and do everything. Showed real wait times and you can select your "fastpass" from your phone. Plus you can download all the photos from rides to your phone. This was perfect for us. One of my favorites was meeting Chewbacca at the "Star Wars Launch Bay" Had a wonder 2 days with our park hopper. We felt like big kids. So much fun. We brought in our own snacks and water with no issues.

2  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We are frequent visitors to Disney World, but I’ve never been to Disneyland before. In short, this was awesome. Accessibility to the rides is somewhat more efficient than at Disney World. Wait times were generally lower. The park was extremely clean, the service friendly and efficient, and, overall, it was a wonderful trip. We liked the different takes on rides from Orlando that we are accustomed to. We stayed at the Grand Californian hotel, and could walk to the park...a very refreshing contrast to Disney World where planning for your entire day with respect to location, rides, and transportation is the key to a great day. Everything just felt a lot more relaxed. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank JoeyPeligroso
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for years from Australia. It is a quick 14hr direct flight from Melbourne and voila! The Happiest Place on Earth.

I’m excited about the new changes, especially the opening up of the new Star Wars land soon. Plus the updated Star Tours ride, which incorporates all the new movies and settings. Absolutely amazing.

Also I have noticed Space Mountain, Matterhorn Bobsled, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, has been tweaked to keep up with all the new changes at DCA. There’s also single rider options available, great if you want to ride but the kids are old enough to look after themselves. We made use of it for Indiana Jones.

We had fun recreating a picture we took on our first trip to Disneyland in 2005. What a great place to form childhood memories!

5  Thank PhoebeNJ