The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$127
  • Pool
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$143
  • Restaurant
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
US$191
US$125
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$116
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
Official Site
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$149
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$149
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
US$145
  • Restaurant
The Wink(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

2,766 results
All reviewswhite housefarragut north metroclassic hotelbeautiful hotelthe concierge loungebeautiful lobbydupont circleupgraded to a suitelocation is greatlobby barking bedmetro stopmini fridgeper dayvalet parkingfitness centerdowntown dc
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I was put up at the Mayflower by the organizers of a meeting and I was really looking forward to staying there. But the experience was subpar. First, the parking, which is valet only, was $59 per night! I passed and parked at the PMI lot (also valet) just behind the hotel for $50 total for two days through a parking app. Second, my room (448), although nice and clean, had a terrible view of what looked like rooftop plumbing (see photo). Third, one of the reasons I didn't change my room is that I assumed it would be quiet but the room air conditioner was so loud that it was hard to sleep. Fourth, I got the second of two tiers of internet service and it was so slow as to be essentially worthless (not to mentioned quite annoying and a huge waste of time). Finally, I tried to call the hotel in the evening from my cell phone to ask a question and no one answered. I called back multiple times but still no one answered the phone!

From a distance the Mayflower seems like a great hotel but up close it wasn't. With all of the great hotels in DC, I definitely won't be returning to this one.

Room Tip: Unless you want to overlook a bunch of rooftop plumbing, don't stay in room 448!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank PittReisender
TeamMarriott, Front Desk Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello PittReisender,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the level of service we generally provide, and it certainly does not meet our standards. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the hospitality you should have experienced during this stay.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This hotel has a great location and a wonderful history. We had a larger than average room--had plenty of room for three people and luggage, and wonderful housekeeping service. The rooms are very, very nice--our bathroom was amazing. The hotel is very convenient to Metro lines and a quick walk to the National Mall area. Easy to access Georgetown as well. Not a lot of restaurants on the neighboring blocks, but just 5 minutes up the road toward Dupont Circle are many to choose from. We would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie F
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Valerie F,

Thank you for the wonderful review of staying at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection. We are delighted to know you loved the convenience of our location and were impressed with the service provided by our concierge. We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in DC for a quick getaway (two nights). First time in DC. We couldn’t have been happier with The Mayflower. We were initially given the wrong room, which was a bit of a disappointment. We went back to check in desk, and it was handled expeditiously and politely. We loved our room (king size, which was what we reserved). It was spacious and well laid out. There was a nook for the sofa, which I assume was a pullout bed (I didn’t check). The bathroom was as expected. Outside the bathroom, there was a nook with a table, chair, lamp and mirror. Perfect as a makeup table ( I really loved it). There was a lounge chair (bench) at the foot of the bed, as well as a granite top rolling table, which was the perfect place to comfortably plan our outings. The room was quiet and pristinely kept. The staff were very friendly, polite, and helpful. I’ll definately stay here on my next trip. **The only negative is that you had to become a Marriott Rewards member to get free WiFi. The WiFi is expensive, and you don’t want that fee tacked onto your bill, so be careful to watch out for that **

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Donna O,

Thanks so much for confirming to future travelers what a great choice we are. We are delighted to know you loved the comfort of your well-appointed room and were impressed with the service provided by our courteous associates. We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I hate leaving bad reviews but think my experience may be important to those looking for common courtesy. We stayed here last July (2017) and planning another trip to the DC area just brought back the bad taste in my mouth left by the hotel so here I am leaving a review. To be fair, the employees working inside the hotel were very nice. In fact, at check in we were upgraded to a lovely junior suite which came in handy when our baby was taking her naps. She took her nap in the bedroom so hubbie and I went to the living room to relax. It was easy to have conversations without fear of waking her. For this upgrade, I'm giving 1 star. The hotel is nicely kept and is in a pretty good location to see several sites. These attributes earn the hotel a 2nd star.

Regarding my earlier common courtesy statement. I'd think employees working the doors of a hotel would at least assist a mom attempting to open their heavy doors while also pushing a stroller through it. Unfortunately, I would be wrong. I couldn't believe that the bell men just stood there while I struggled with the door. They definitely saw me and did nothing. In fact, on one occasion, one bell man was going through the door ahead of me and just let the door close on the stroller! I was with my sister at the time and we both were stunned speechless. Luckily I'd turned the car seat handle towards the back of the car seat so the handle was hit first instead of the back of the car seat. Later on that day I spoke to someone at the concierge desk about it and she indicated this was not the level of service that they're striving towards and would speak to the bell captain. When we went out again no one really helped us going in or outside the hotel so that tells me that this is just common practice. But I guess I should be thankful that no one closed the door on our stroller. Perhaps we didn't look rich enough to get better treatment but I think it's pretty appalling behavior. I've stayed at hotels with fewer stars and gotten better treatment.

If you're a family (with a stroller) thinking about staying at this hotel I would advise you to stay elsewhere. We certainly will.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank ILuv2Trvl007
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear ILuv2Trvl007,

While we were happy to hear that you were pleased with some of our staff, we apologize for the service issues you encountered due to others. Our team strives to provide impeccable service and timely responses to our guests' needs, and we are sorry for letting you down. We hope you will give us a chance on your next trip to our area to show you we can do better.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

The mayflower is a very upscale, classic look, and historic hotel. Many presidents including Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Barack Obama, George Bush, etc. have had the inaugural balls at this site. The rooms were clean and spacious. The service throughout was impeccable from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. This is my second time there and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Corner room was quiet and well maintianed
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear 674earleh,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for all the wonderful things that you had to say about The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection. As our name suggests, we are a historic place hosting presidents, diplomats, and A-listers since 1925 and it was our pleasure hosting you! We appreciate the kind comments and we are excited to share them with our wonderful staff. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.