1,599 results
All reviews kennedy center foggy bottom whole foods great location lincoln memorial gwu campus quiet neighborhood metro station attached restaurant walking distance blue line an older hotel white house national mall minute walk room was large king suite
Reviewed 5 February 2019

Nice hotel that was well hidden. Nice restaurant on the main floor that serves good food and a decent drink selection (on the small side). My room was the perfect size for me; efficient with the furniture. Loved the bathroom; the shower was so good I never wanted to leave. I enjoyed my stay and would do a staycation!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RedApple15
DerrickStrickland, Manager at Arc The. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2019

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and the amenities of the room. I will be sure to thank our hotel and restaurant staff for taking such excellent care of you! We look forward to your next visit to DC and to welcoming you back soon :)

Reviewed 24 January 2019

The staff at ARC were very friendly and helpful. We had several issues - the TV in our room would not work. We were upgraded to a different room - which was great! However, the motion sensor light in the entry blinked on and off 24 hours a day. We mentioned this - and the issue was never resolved. There are just a few "kinks" that need to get ironed out (the hallways are SO HOT).

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DerrickStrickland, Manager at Arc The. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests to review with our team and thank them for a job well done. As I am sure you have noticed, our focus has always been to create a relaxing experience for everyone that checks into the hotel or dines in the attached restaurant, Notti 824.

In this instance, it appears that while our staff were great and your upgraded room delighted you, we did not live up to our expectations in your initial room. While we are a beautifully renovated hotel, we still have our engineering team working diligently to ensure the proper upkeep and functionality of the new products and technology on-site. I will be sure to share your concerns with my Chief Engineer to have them all rectified. I do apologize if you felt the hallways were too warm, we do keep them warm to provide comfort to our guests during this unseasonably cold weather that we have been experiencing.

We look forward to your next visit to DC and are excited to welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed 13 January 2019

Everything was great here at the arc. Will be traveling down frequently due to daughters sport events at GWU. And I am so close! Didn’t feel like I was in some big unfriendly hotel. A warm welcome and a nice light chat with the lady at the desk
Even loved the shampoo and conditioner! No complaints at all

Room tip: Book at the Arc!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Marcia Z
DerrickStrickland, Manager at Arc The. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2019

Thank you for the compliments! We are pleased that you received our warm and customized welcome. It is a great joy to be in the heart of Foggy Bottom and neighbors with the University; our relationship with alumni, students, and their families is a great part of our history! I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff and thank them for a job well done. We look for forward to your next trip to DC and to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

I loved this property. The location was excellent. It was convenient to the restaurants and sights. I loved the boutique feel of the hotel, and the neighborhood that it is located in. It’s in the middle of a block of beautiful brownstones. I also love that they have a menu for pillows. Yes, pillows. You could choose the kind of pillow you wanted to sleep on. I, unfortunately, went too late to order one so there were none left, but it didn’t matter because the pillow that was already on the bed was heavenly. Speaking of the bed, it was heavenly too. Lastly, the service was incredible. Lauren at the front desk was so accommodating. I want to go back just to see her again!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GinaMarie1022

Thank you for your five star review. Our location in the heart of Foggy Bottom, between historic row houses and neighboring the Kennedy Center and Georgetown Neighborhood, allows an immediate connection to DC for our guests. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the in-room pillow menu that we have created on the bed. We created this by selecting the 2 base pillows to give a firm and supportive feel while the two top pillows were selected to offer a plush and cloud-like conforming experience while sleeping. We are pleased to see that you had a peaceful nights rest on our beds. I will be sure to pass on your kind words and complements to Lauren at our Front Desk and congratulate her on a job well done. We look forward to inviting you back and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2019

I would come back everybody was super nice to me I have no complaints on this place great great staff the only thing I did not like was parking ! Other then that everything was great I will tell friends

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. We are so glad our staff met and exceeded your expectations. As you have noticed, city parking does come at a premium, our valet does fortunately and conveniently include 24 hour access to your car and a spot in private garage. We are looking forward to your next trip to DC and to welcoming you back soon!