2,163 results
All reviews full kitchen whole foods gwu hospital grinder fresh coffee beans great location ambulance sirens white house trader joes foggy bottom metro walk in closet separate kitchen walking distance living room light sleeper kennedy center coffee maker
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 2 weeks while on a business trip. The location was perfect---walkable to everything (Georgetown, the Capitol, DuPoint, etc). The property is SUPER CLEAN, and while it is a bit older in terms of amenities, it is definitely not outdated or insufficient. The room was much larger than I expected--I was on the 8th floor and had a full sized kitchen (full size fridge, oven/range with 4 burners, and all kitchen utensils provided, full sized cabinets in the kitchen for storage), large sitting area with desk, couch, additional chair, and tv, a bedroom separated from the main room by a door, and then a full sized bathroom. Although the bathroom was not as "fancy" as some of the newer hotel bathrooms it was fully functional and had a shower/tub, sink area, etc. Toiletries are provided although I brought my own so I cannot comment on the product.
Although I did not have my room refreshed each day, you could---which was a nice and surprising option considering it was a long-term stay. They also provided two bottles of water each time they refreshed which was appreciated!

The fitness center was nice---treadmill, elliptical, free weights, TRX equipment, boso balls, etc. There is also a water filtration system in the fitness room and I filled my water bottle up there each day.

I got breakfast a few time sat Circle Bistro and it was good, but wait time was a bit longer than I expected. They will make you a to-go box, but plan to call ahead very early if you go that route. Also, give them a specific time you will pick it up and do not alter from it--one person in my party ordered and came down to pick up about 10 minutes after she told them she would be there and staff had thrown away her meal. They remade it without issue, but she was later to her work meeting. Staff in the kitchen is super nice and accommodating but I suspect they are understaffed. Bar staff was also super friendly and made good drinks!

Front desk staff is phenomenal---so very friendly and always greeted me upon arrival or departure, provided stamps, band-aids, recommendations, etc. There is also a lobby happy hour daily which was a nice way to unwind after work as well as a good way to socialize with others not in our group.

There were loud sirens at night from the hospital which is close by---this obviously has nothing to do with the hotel, but be aware. The hotel offered a variety of remedies for this (ear plugs, noise machines, etc) but after a few nights I slept through the noise on my own. Just took some getting used to.

Upon returning to DC I would not hesitate to stay here, even for a shorter stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Ana_Velasquez_OWC, Guest Relations Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Tribefanne,

We can't express how much we appreciate such a thorough review of your stay, as this is the best way for other travelers to see everything we have to offer. Here at One Washington Circle we strive to make every guest encounter unique and offer the best customer service we are able to, and it seems that we have accomplished this with you. We are glad that you found all the amenities you encountered convenient and purposeful for your stay. I have passed along your constructive feedback to the Circle Bistro staff in regards to your delayed wait time in the restaurant and will be addressed so that we can make sure it doesn't happen to you or other guests either. We can't wait for you to come back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my third stay here and I don’t think I’ll ever book another hotel when visiting DC. I’ve experienced a 5 star stay at a 3.5 hotel cost. What keeps me coming is the cleanliness of the rooms and the staff. The staff helps you out to their best ability and makes sure you are having a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Dayanna L,

Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with all other travelers. Our convenient location and great staff is one of the reasons guests keep coming back. We can't wait for you to come back and host you on your next visit to Washington D.C.!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After 4 years of going to DC multiple times a year (our daughter was in uni there) we have deemed this hotel as our favorite! The staff remember you! It is small enough for personalization, yet you have a kitchen, a decent work out room, out door pool and your are ON THE CIRCLE! VP drives right by daily when going to work. We love our balcony rooms and the staff always made sure we had the floor and orientation we wanted ! They are the best... the staff makes it ..

Room tip: I like the 7th floor, and the circle view rooms :)
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear hseobold,

We appreciate deeply you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so glad that we made a good impression and that you feel comfortable and at home, which is out main goal. We can't wait to welcome you back. Until next time!

Reviewed 1 February 2019

Complimentary wine hour was a wonderful benefit to come back to after a long day of being a tourist! The staff was so helpful with advice on the smartcards, restaurant suggestions, etc. The rooms appear to be converted apartments so they are much larger than expected. from the full kitchen to the separate closet area and bathroom space. the toiletry amenities were a really nice touch! Strong water pressure too. Was it noisy? yes. you are right across from the hospital, so that is unavoidable. They offer a noise machine app which was very nice. I use ear plugs so it really wasn't a problem. the location is perfect. on the yellow circulator line which can connect to the red line for the national mall or it's straight down the road 1 mile to the Lincoln memorial. the metro stop is across the street behind the hospital. I will stay here on my next trip!

Room tip: Our 2 queen bed was significantly larger than the King room in terms of closet space. Otherwise both were very similar
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ana_Velasquez_OWC, Guest Relations Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Dear Susan K,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide us with you valuable feedback. We are so glad that you had such a great stay. It is our goal to create memorable experiences for every guest and it seems we have most certainly achieved that with you! We are also very happy you enjoyed the location and all of our features. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2019

We stayed at the One Washington in early January 2019 as a family of 4 with two adult children.

Our rooms were side by side, having a one bedroom queen suite and a double-double. This worked really well as it allowed two separate bedrooms, while using the living room of the suite as a common space. The kitchen was a really practical size and allowed us to cook a couple of breakfasts and dinners, as well as being the provider of the late night snack.

What came as a surprise was the guest laundry. Most city hotels have done away with their guest laundry, but the One Washington still has one tucked away in the basement. Even better, its near the bar so you can have a quiet drink while your clothes sort themselves out. This seals the One Washington as my new home in the DC area.

Finally I have to add my praise to the staff of this hotel. Even when we checked out at 5am, they were bright and cheery.

Great location, great staff, great experience!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
AnaV4840, Guest Relations Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2019

Dear Hop3fullyL0st,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are happy that we were able to create a wonderful experience for you and your family and that we made you feel comfortable and at home, which is one of our main goals. We cannot wait for you to come back! Until next time!