“Rude to Customers!!!”

Loeb's NY Delicatessen
Ranked #1,016 of 3,467 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I HATED IT!!!! There should be a no star option. This place is complete crap!!!!! The employees were rude and do not appreciate their customers. I walked in with my parents for breakfast. We drove all the way from Virginia, an almost two hour drive in rush hour traffic. My parents needed To use the bathroom. Well the rude, miserable looking crew behind the counters said we need to order food and pay before they can use the restroom. Well, we walked out, but not without the rude employees saying in their sarcastic tones "good bye!" I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of spending a penny there. They don't deserve my hard earned money. Rude, nasty and unprofessional. DO NOT EAT HERE. there are much better places to go that appreciate your business. THIS PLACE IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!

Reviewed March 12, 2018

I stumbled upon Loeb's while in DC for a quick meeting. Given we don't have a NY style deli in Charleston (SC) it was a no-brainer.

I explained to Mr. Loeb I was just passing through and if I should order anything in particular. He was extremely friendly and got me set up.

Sandwich was perfect. I can't wait to get back.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I’m a New Yorker and a huge deli fan. I stumbled upon Loeb’s in DC and had my doubts. The ambiance didn’t have the same deli smell or feeling I hoped for. However, the food was great. The portions were generous & flavored just right. The knishes were better than Carnegie, the menu didn’t lack for anything, and the service was great. I’d highly recommend it. I’m only sorry I missed out on their original location.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

There is no Jewish Deli where I live now (originally from NY). So when my husband and I saw Loeb's when we visited DC we had to try it.
Had the pastrami on rye with mustard. The pastrami was moist and melted in your mouth. The potato knish was different from what I'm use to but enjoyed it. The pastry was light and so was the potato filling. Of course had to have cole slaw with the pastrami. It had just the right creamy consistency. Also took home the homemade apple strudel. It was delicious loaded with apples and a light flaky dough.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

This deli is right in the middle of the old downtown business district and for years before was located on 14th street. It's owners have a bit of a NY attitude that gives the place some flavor. I like it for breakfast which is fast, excellent and reasonably priced. On earlier trips I have eaten there for lunch and it's extensive sandwich menu is good. All types of people are welcome here and you see office workers, tourists and business folks, all here for the same thing, excellent food.

There is ample seating both inside and out. It's self service, so you have to figure out for yourself whether you are good or bad at providing your service! There is a park about a block away, so if you like to sit on the grass and people watch while you eat, that is a good option as well.

While it can be a little loud, for a deli there is nothing not to like about Loeb's.