“Almost had me”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #1,310 of 3,364 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Samosas were actually the best part of this rating. Both the beef and vegetarian were worth the whole meal. The lamb biryanis was a tad off and shredded lamb. What killed the rating was ordering garlic naan and sending back the plain naan (which was served) to have the same naan in the same basket sent back with "garlic BUTTER" slathered and un melted on top. Possibly new management. But hey might just be me. Butter never hurts right?

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I searched for this cafe over the net and wasn't sure when i reached there but the taste really blew us. We ordered chicken biryani and chicken karahi along with fresh roti. I must say one of the best karahi we had in US and biryani really taste good. The cafe itself is small and is owned by a couple, whose wife is Pakistani/Indian and the cook is from Bangladesh. The roti bread was fresh is like what you find in Karachi Pakistan. The owner itself looks after guest and is friendly. If you are in town and urging for a good karahi, drop in and enjoy.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I went here with some friends last night. One of us had been there before and spoke highly of it, so we decided to try it out.

The place was mostly empty when we showed up, which I thought was odd for a Saturday night. I think it was maybe because they don't serve alcohol, but the food certainly wasn't the problem.

We ordered hummus & falafel as appetizers. Both of them were excellent. We ordered the palak paneer, butter chicken, daal, and chicken curry and ate it all family style. The chicken curry and daal were fantastic. The palak paneer and butter chicken were both really good.

All in all it was an excellent meal, I'd definitely go back.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I am looking at all the reviews and how everyone is raving about this place. However my experience was not all that great. The visit was on Thursday night around 9PM in April. We ordered goat biryani and combo kabob. If I would to rate on service too I would probably give one star (the girl who took our order was very hesitant about the menu and did not know what was the difference between 2 items on the menu.) this aside...

Goat Biryani: rice was very good and tasty, however the goat pieces were not in any way or shape good. very small chunks of mainly fat, so when you bite into the piece you get lots of gooey fat and lots of bone chunks and I don't mean an actual bone but spheres of the bone itself (this is a food hazard). there small pieces of bones in each meat piece I had, aside from all that fat too. At the end I had to take the meat piece apart to make sure I am not chewing on fat or bone pieces.

Combo Kabob: was a combo of chicken and kabob. The chicken was very raw on the inside and very chewy. It was not fully cooked to the appropriate measures.

We would have noted all of this to the guy behind the counter but he was too busy asking us if we could leave him a tip!!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank FlyAway2002
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Go here for the food, but not the atmosphere. Definitely not upscale inside or fine dining as it's just a small open room with some tables and chairs; however, the food is very good, inexpensive, large portion sizes, and they have a lot of options.

Date of visit: January 2016