Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oakwood Lexington(Washington DC)
Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
2,064 results
All reviewsjefferson memorialtidal basinempress loungemuze restaurantroom servicesteam roomtrain tracksturn down serviceclub levelbeautiful hotelluxury hotelcity viewnational mallpotomac riverfour seasonssmithsonian museumslobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Super location as it is close to Smithsonian - a 5-10 minute walk. Excellent staff, great MO benefits, my 6yr was promptly greeted with adorable panda bear stuffed animal. Breakfast is easy, if a bit expensive. They just need a rooftop bar!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOWashingtonDCHotel, Director of Sales at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TLW3135,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC during your recent visit to the Nation's Capital! I am glad that you enjoyed your Fans of M.O. benefits and that your 6 year old enjoyed her panda bear.

You are right: a rooftop bar would be awesome. We will add it to our list of items for future consideration to delight our guests.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for three nights. Booked a water front room, but didn't get one. Was moved upon request to one with partial view, but didn't it was adjacent to the elevator. After a sleepless night because of noise was moved back to the room. price adjusted. the room's air system was poor -- it conveyed smells and was hard to calibrate to the right temperature. There are very few restaurants close by. You either have to use the hotel's restaurant or travel by car/taxi if you want different kinds of food. It's close to the Tidal Basin and the attractions, which was a good thing.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevator. It dings all night
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOWashingtonDCHotel, Director of Sales at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear newtoposting,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit. I am sorry that you were not completely delighted by your stay.

I apologize for the confusion at your check-in. I understand that your room was incorrectly assigned to one of a different category during your arrival. I understand that we were able to correct the problem shortly after you arrived in your room and realized the view was not what you had confirmed.

The next time you return, I hope that you will take the time to visit the new District Wharf neighborhood. It's within easy walking distance and offers a great variety of new restaurants from Washington's best local chefs.

I hope that you will enjoy all of your future travels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location. Walking distance to National mall with Smithsonian museums, monument, etc. Friendly staff. Quick, convenient checkin/out. Valet service fast and pleasant. Rooms are nice, ask to be far from elevator or housekeeping closet. Restaurant and service great.

Dear USVI4ME,

Glad that you enjoyed your visit to Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC!

We hope that you became a Fan of M.O. and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I just returned from a 6 day trip in Washington, DC to see the monuments and the museums. This hotel is wonderful, and the staff are extremely helpful. I booked two connecting rooms so that my 6 year old twins could enjoy having their own space and they both really had a great time. Spending time in the swimming pool was their end of the day treat and now I think my wife wishes she could have enjoyed the spa too. The location of the hotel is unbeatable if your intention is to spend most of the time at the Smithsonian Museums. We would have walked more if we had the opportunity, but the children were getting extremely tired after spending several hours on their feet looking at all of the sites. The Smithsonian Metro stop was easily within walking distance so on future trips this will be really helpful as our children get older.

The rooms are well appointed and we had a nice view of the Jefferson Memorial.

The weather was not cooperative, thus the cherry blossoms were not in full bloom but that certainly did not dampen our spirits. It was nice to come back to a great hotel at the end of a long day and look forward to eating really good food thru room service. Yes, it was expensive, but the quality was excellent. It was convenient for us as well. The hotel was not within walking distance of too many restaurants. There is Starbucks located close by which was great for coffee and bagels in the morning, but not much else for food options.

Special kudos to the gentleman that checked us in. He quickly escorted us to our room upon our arrival and completed the process while we unpacked. The concierge was fantastic arranging for our transportation both from and to the airport.

Enjoyed spending some nights drinking scotch at the bar and meeting two great bartenders (Pong and Ted). They always kept my glass full. I couldn't stop eating all of those delicious chips!!

It was a fantastic trip, and I anticipate that we will return next year!!

Dear JAmin_AAmin,

I hate to break some bad news to you: the cherry blossoms have just started blooming and it looks like this weekend will be the peak.

While the cherry blossoms are beautiful, there is so much to see and explore when you are in Washington. Its great that the weather didn't dampen your spirits and that you enjoyed your residency at Mandarin Oriental.

If you didn't do it this trip, when you come back this year, you'll need to call ahead and speak to one of our concierges. They be able to point you in the right direction for some of the places you may have missed and that your children will definitely enjoy: the National Building Museum, the National Zoo, a match at DC United's new Audi Field, or the new International Spy Museum which should move into its new facility just down the street from us in 2019.

Thank you for visiting us and for being a fan. We will look forward to seeing you again, next year!

Director of Sales and Marketing

(p.s. I'll pass along your compliments to Pong and Teddy, too!)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for the weekend and what a great visit. Caitlin checked us in with smiles. Graham the manager showed the kids to a playroom where a balloon artist made them whatever they could dream up. My wife had a two hour massage in the spa and said it was fantastic. The pool was clean. The rooms connected and very posh. A great experience all the way around.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Christian111Dudnick,

We know that there are a lot of great hotels in Washington, DC and are honored that you not only chose Mandarin Oriental, but that your five star experience was worth sharing with fellow TripAdvisor members.

We have a lot of families who stay with us and we do our best to try and make everyone comfortable and happy. As your family enjoyed the Spa, pool, and children's room, I hope you were able to find your own place here at MO that was able to excite and entertain, too.

Thank you for staying with us and for being a fan.