Kimpton George Hotel(Washington DC)
US$190
US$170
Kimpton
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

The Wink(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$109
  • Restaurant
The Normandy Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$119
Book now, pay at stay
US$114
US$105
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Georgetown Suites(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$132
  • Breakfast included
US$141
US$129
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$82
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Free cancellation until 07/26
US$362
US$298
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
Book now, pay at stay
US$279
1,360 results
All reviewsmolton brown toiletrieswhite housefoggy bottom metrogreat hotelminute walkpennsylvania avetrader joesvalet parkingkennedy centerm streetlincoln memorialroom was spaciouswithin walking distancelobby barwhole foodsloved this hotelwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Loved the hotel. I had a junior suite. Lots of space, cool furnishings. The location is perfect. One of the things I’m fussy about is quiet HVAC, of often older buildings that have been redone fail in that regard. Not here. Good inviting lobby bar too. Will stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Remington_Management, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our suite accommodations complete with our prime location nearby some of the area's most sought-after destinations. We hope that you will join us again in the near future!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Great in every way. We were there as tourists to see the sights and "The Melrose" is wonderfully situated for that. When a desired destination was too far to walk to, the Metro Station is very close - but not too close. The Melrose is also close to the Georgetown Wharf for an easy walk to catch the various boat lines. (Take a boat to Mount Vernon; it makes for a wonderful day.) Staff was very helpful and willingly so. They were truly a cut above. I rarely eat in my hotel, but the food here was far better than anticipated. I hope the chef won't mind my saying that GOLLY, if you have a hankering for an exceptional hamburger, they definitely serve one. But there is other great fare as well. Try the Eggs Benedict with Salmon - OMG! I wanted to say all that before my one criticism, because really, I was a very pleased guest - except for the fact that every time I walked into the lobby I felt intellectually assaulted by the constant cannonade of CNN vitriol playing in the lobby. Otherwise, it was ALL GOOD.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for kindly reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our prime location nearby some of the area's top attractions including the National Mall. I am thrilled that you had a memorable meal from our signature restaurant and lounge, Jardenea. We will surely share your compliments with our team and we hope to welcome you back again the next time you visit the nation's capital.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Our hotel rooms were clean and spacious and the location is pretty convenient. However, we had to wait more than half an hour for breakfast despite only a few tables at around 8am. During check out we were also surprise with a resort fee which we were not informed on the website nor included in the booking confirmation details. Lastly we had to wait for our car from valet parking for almost an hour at check out and almost missed out flight. Another minor issue was the toilet paper holder was broken, it would be nice if the cleaning lady can inform a technician to come fix it (instead of leaving it broken) and provide a set of new water bottles without guests having to ask on the second nightstay.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Remington_Management, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I want to apologize for the wait you experienced at breakfast and I will surely discuss this with my team to see where the disconnect occurred, We do our best to be very transparent about our fees and again I will see how we may improve upon this moving forward. We appreciate your helpful feedback as we continue to improve and I hope you will give us another chance to impress you in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here before, and were looking forward to this visit. Husband and I arrived on Saturday, May 5, around 2 p.m. The check in time is 3 p.m, but we have checked in earlier before, here and at other hotels. Usually not a problem. We were prepared to wait, perhaps have a snack in the bar area.
A bit disorganized out front, several cars needing to be valet parked, and about 5 taxis dropping off guests, all on a busy street, so not the best situation on arrival. There was a wedding going on, so perhaps extra activity due to this event? But, okay, no worries....still happy to be here.
Then, it went downhill......
The reception desk staff was not welcoming, nor friendly. Arleen told my husband "room not ready". No explanation, no "sorry". No friendly greeting. Yet, folks standing in line AHEAD of us were checked in. No explanation other than "room not ready yet".
I approached and asked if room would be ready by 3. (Which IS the check in time). We were told we could leave our luggage, they would lock it up. ( Um, no thank you. That implied a long wait.) Arleen was neither friendly nor helpful. It was unpleasant and off-putting.
The restaurant area was being used for a wedding, and some of the celebrants were also in bar area, so waiting in either area was not an option. So, we had to wait in seating area near reception desk, and watch various guests get checked in. Before the alleged 3 o'clock check in. BEFORE US. Repeatedly. While we sat there, feeling uncomfortable. Why was "our" room not ready? Why no other room offered?
We travel frequently, and have never experienced such unprofessional conduct. We could easily have felt marginalized. Staff member was either improperly trained, unsuited for that particular position as it requires a pleasant personality, or just downright incompetent.
Thankfully, Steven M, the manager, heard my plea, and miraculously, quickly found us a beautiful room on the 4th floor. No delay there! Thank you, Steve!! And the room was ready and waiting before 3 p.m! If not for Steve, we would have waited a much longer time. Thanks, Steve! Great customer service!
The rest of the stellar staff more than made up for the very bad first impression!
Jose, the personable bartender, thank you for being so kind and for the great recommendation for dinner at El Chalan nearby! Abdi, at reception desk, thanks for helping me with my internet issue. Maggie, also at reception desk, thanks for anwering my question with a big smile. Blanca, who served us breakfast, as always a friendly face, great service. The valet gentlemen were also friendly, professional, courteous.
Our room was spacious, clean, and the bed very comfortable. Fairly quiet, at end of hall, although several times between 1 and 2 a.m. we heard people in the hallway talking loudly, but that is not fault of staff. Also, doors slammed. Whatever.
The stellar staff, our room itself, and overall amenities merit a 5, but the unpleasant check in experience with rude staff member marred the overall experience, so only a 3 this time.
But we will return, because the Melrose is a great place to stay in a great part of town with lots to do!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jennygirl57

Thank you for reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I want to apologize for the experience you had upon check-in, as we strive to make our guests feel welcome upon arrival. I will surely discuss this with my team to see if we may see where the miscommunication occurred. I am happy to hear that throughout your stay, the rest of our staff helped to leave a lasting impression on you. It is also great that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations. I hope you will still decide to join us again, and we truly appreciate your feedback as we work to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

If given them 3 1/2 stars. Well located, friendly staff but basic rooms and limited amenities.

Check in was easy and friendly. I booked on hotel tonight app and they had all information on arrival.

The room was inward facing on the second floor. No view and not much light. Basic room not worth saying much other than it was clean.

Small bar in lobby but just basic. Had breakfast one morning and it was basic. Not sure they have anything else:

At $200 per night I didn’t expect much and the relative value for price was acceptable.

If I needed a basic room again I’d repeat but only at the $200 all-in price point.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends

Erich, thank you for reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location nearby popular area attractions. I am sorry to hear that we did not quite meet your expectations with our accommodations, as we strive to fill our rooms with luxurious amenities. I hope you will decide to give us another chance to impress you in the future.