“Family dinner get together ”
Review of Ted's Bulletin

Ted's Bulletin
Reserve with OpenTable
Ted's Bulletin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 3,724 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted a relaxed interesting atmosphere for a small family get together and dinner. We loved the history theme . the food and atmosphere was great. Portions were small compared to some restaurants . Pricing was normal for the Washington area. We were happy with our dinner choices including the scallops that I had. We had room to share a dessert and made an early night of it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had a group of 7 people on a Sunday morning and expected our wait to be long. We called ahead and that helped but we still waited about 30 mins. BUT - it was SO worth it! The food and atmosphere is great. We tried many different things and everyone loved what they had. The milkshakes got high marks. We missed out on the cinnamon rolls...they were gone ... but the tarts (homemade pop tarts) were awesome. This will be a new DC favorite when we visit

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We Had breakfast here today. I don't get what all the fuss is about.
We had Cheese omelet with sausage, hash browns, toast.
My friend had eggs and bacon. There was absolutely nothing to brag about.
The sausage was horrible, no taste at all. The eggs were EGGS!. The Toast was Toast!
The hash browns don't hold a candle to WH.( Waffle House)
The coffee was ok coffee. I don't get it.
Someone needs to open WH in DC, they would make a fortune.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We come to DC often for extended periods and we'd never eaten at Ted's, in spite of all the good reviews. This week we found ourselves on 8th SE and decided it was time. With no reservation, we were faced with a 20 minute wait (on a Tuesday night!), so we decided to eat at the bar. Good choice--no crowd and no noise. Great bartenders, friendly and efficient. My wife had the TV Dinner (don't knock it, it was GREAT) and I had fish and chips. The bartender said he preferred the latter with Tater Tots and I should have taken his advice. The chips were fine--just huge quantity. The breading on the fish was a bit heavy for my taste, but good anyway. The quantities are VERY large--we took food home and had a second meal yesterday.
They are known for their home-made pop tarts and the apple one we had was really superb.
We had joked with the bartender about the "adult milk shakes" and as we were finishing, he brought us a sample of bananas foster and although incredibly sweet, it was very flavorful. We were full, so didn't get to enjoy them completely, but what a nice touch.
We will be back--great atmosphere, service and food!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I was sooooo excited to eat at Ted's Bulletin, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. We were able to call ahead to put our name in and we arrived just before the crowds and were seated right away. Our server was great, friendly, and super fast. There were so many tasty looking dinner options, but we all went with breakfast. A few things on my husband's order were messed up, but they were corrected right away. And, I know he liked his meal, but it wasn't the best because I think they rushed the cooking a little bit. His eggs were a bit runny, and his pancakes were still doughy in the middle, the bacon was limp. Everything needed to be cooked a bit longer for him, but the flavor....... oh my goodness.... this may not be the healthiest place, but it all tasted so good! I had an omelet and it was made perfectly with so much flavor. The pancakes were delish! I would definitely go back here next time we're in town! My husband agrees it's worth a second shot because it has so much potential if they just leave it on the grill long enough. :)