“Standard bar fare with a great atmoshphere and service”

Mackey's Public House
Ranked #1,558 of 3,525 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I've only had appetizers and drinks but they were standard bar fare. Pretty good but not great. I was a little disappointed in the buffalo bites but very happy with the Mozzarella sticks. The guacamole was good and you get a very generous amount so that was nice!

The atmosphere downstairs is nice and the service is great.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Typical pub fare, 'though perhaps a little heavier than most. We stopped in for a quick dinner on our way to a show and the service was prompt (and the server kept the tables clean as clientele turned over), but we left feeling we'd had a weeks worth of cooking grease in one meal.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I understand a busy day, but as a historically designated Buffalo Bills bar in DC how did you lack on food, drinks, and service this past weekend for the playoff game? They opened only an hour before the 1PM game, ran out of beer and food while only open for 4 hours total for the day. Huge disappointment as it was my first visit since Laughing Man. No venue updates, etc. I do not plan to return, plenty of better locations to enjoy friends, food, drink and football. What happened? Did you not know about the game?

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Every year around this time, businesses have a hard time locating space for holiday parties. This year we chose Mackey's, and their lower level space was PERFECT for a party! There is a bar downstairs, and plenty of room to mingle. Our office had about 40 attendees and there was room to spare. The party food was good--chicken strips, salad, meatballs and penne. But it was definitely the atmosphere that sold the space.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We were out all day and looking for a place to eat and relax. There wasn’t a line and the people coming out said it was very good. I’m glad we stoped, great food. Steak quesadillas and shepherds pie were wonderful. I recommend it.