All reviews union station free shuttle shuttle service complimentary breakfast was good newer hotel great hotel breakfast staff circulator bus uber ride valet parking desk staff enjoyed my stay indoor pool the hotel offers easy access recommend this hotel a great stay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good breakfast! Bed was a bit stiff for my liking. A/C unit went on and off all night. Internet access was a struggle at first. Students on spring break partied all night and kept us awake. Shuttle was not very dependable.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Washington DC NoMa Union Station, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear dreast2018,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues encountered with the A/C unit in your room, along with the noise disturbances, and we’re working with our team to ensure the situations don’t happen again. As well, we're working to improve our Wi-Fi. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated as it is the first step in helping us improve our services. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Rooms were clean and nice. Staff was very helpful and friendly, and the location was convenient for the Red Line and getting to the sites. Not a lot of local restaurants in the area, but the Union Market was fabulous. The water temperature of the hot tub was cooler than we would've liked, not sure if this was a problem or it is always set at this temperature,

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This hotel is in a recently revitalized area of the city. It is convenient to the capital district yet still very affordable. The Union Market is just a couple of blocks away. The best part, however, is the great service. The staff are intent of leaving a very positive impression with their guests. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We just checked out of a 4 night stay - for family’s first visit to DC. Although our room was fine - what made our stay uncomfortable was the incredibly rude and unprofessional staff. Front desk service was fine - but, I witnessed some completely unprofessional behavior and attitude by the staff working the breakfast / evening food area. Aside from that other negatives were:
- free breakfast and evening food was just edible, don’t expect much more than that
- location is not ideal for tourists - not close to any restaurants (within walking distance)
- room was okay, but I was a bit skeeved out by the couch.

Some positives:
- complimentary coffee/ tea / hot chocolate available in reception
- microwave, refrigerator in room

If I ever go back to DC I will stay more centrally located and I would not recommend this place to others.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Trevor C
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

If you like your room cool, this isn’t the hotel for you. The thermostat is set where they want it and you’re out of luck if that’s too warm. Everything otherwise seems new but the walls are paper thin. As I type this, I can hear exactly what my neighbor is saying on the phone. The hotel is also quite isolated, .6 miles from a Metro and not in a developed neighborhood. The area is gentrifying with condos and shopping coming up (a Trader Joe’s about to open nearby) but it’s not there yet. The hotel itself is ok but throttling the air is uncool and would keep me from coming back.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business