The Avery Georgetown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$432
US$169
US$457
US$339
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$279
US$223
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$405
US$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$249
US$212
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Pool
All reviewsboutique hotelm streetcomplimentary mini barpillow top mattressfiola marelovely boutiquecomplimentary winesoaking tubslept like a babyfelt like homeboutique feelcookie cutterhome away from homesmall hotelthe location is perfectbusiness tripcomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful new boutique hotel in Georgetown neighborhood. Immaculately clean, large comfortable rooms, lovely cocktail hour in the evening and coffee/danish for breakfast. Centrally located on P Street-easy walk to monuments or heart of Georgetown neighborhoods, conveniently for restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
JUSTIN S, Owner at The Avery Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BrooklynGios,

Thank you so much for the fantastic five star review. I'm so glad you took advantage of our daily complimentary beer and wine reception from 5:30-7:30pm. We currently have local lager and a pale ale on tap from Cisco Brewery + a sauvignon blanc from New Zealand and red from California. Thank you for taking the time to share your Avery experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just came back from a 2 night stay. It wasn't terrible, but was missing some details.

The good:
1. Beds were super comfortable.
2. Room was quiet

The bad:
1. The layout of room was odd. There was no closet & I found it difficult to find a spot to watch TV other than lying on bed.
2. The hotel did not provide tissues (Kleenex).
3. I asked the front desk staff if I could get change for $5. The staff said they weren't allowed to make change and then sent me across the street to 7-11.

Will try a different spot next time.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank LaneyCAL

Dear LaneyCAL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Avery Georgetown. We love our super comfortable Four Seasons beds too. I'm terribly sorry you didn't see the Kleenex boxes located in the bathrooms - the white containers can blend in with the tile. I must apologize about not having change on property, as we only accept credit card as payment. The Avery Queen Rooms are only equipped chairs by designer Carl Hansen, as the goal is to maximize space with our Italian wardrobes. I hope you travel back to The Avery Georgetown, so you can stay in one of more spacious Avery King Rooms that have additional furniture pieces. We hope to see you back soon

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a most wonderful stay at The Avery. A wonderful boutique hotel with incredibly friendly staff and personal touches everywhere. Only 15 rooms -- it truly felt like a home away from home, if only home came with exquisite pastries and coffee for breakfast, a lovely glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for dinner, fantastic restaurant recommendations, maid service, etc., etc., etc. Loved the location: easy walk to M Street and Georgetown University campus.

We stayed in room 5 - the accessible King with Fireplace. Loved this room!! Spacious and the fireplace was a lot of fun. Large smart TV, luxurious bedding. Also took into Room 6 - which I believe is a One Bedroom Suite with King and it looked great as well.

Thank you so much to Gwen, Dion, and Justin for their hospitality -- we can't wait to be back in a few months!

(I almost hesitate to post this review for fear the hotel will book up and I won't be able to get back in on my next trip!!)

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear ShaunAndGus,

Thank you so much for the fantastic five star review. "Home away from home" are beautiful words to describe The Avery Georgetown - very much appreciated. We love to pour great wines, as I only purchase wines that I'd serve my houseguests. Gwen and Dion are the best, and I will make sure to pass on the lovely note. We look forward to hosting you again in the summer!

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We love the pretty rooms at the Avery. Impeccably clean, beautifully decorated, and so cozy! Consistently great after many visits. Samsy at the front desk is amazing - helpful and knowledgeable. Responsive and always a warm greeting! Thank you Samsy!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Grace L,

Sansy is quite popular on Tripadvisor - I will make sure he reads your wonderful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Avery experience. We strive to provide exceptional serice coupled with our guest room product. It also helps being located in the East Village of Georgetown. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2018

The Avery hotel exceeded all my expectations. Sansy the manager was gracious checking me in, giving me a tour of the hotel and recommending local places and restaurants to visit. I am staying here any and every time I come back to DC, thanks again Sansy for making my stay so delightful.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Dear Monica M,

We strive to exceed guess expectations at The Avery Georgetown. Thank you for sharing your wonderful Avery experience. Sansy has a great hospilatiy background, and exemplifies the anticipatory service. We follow the Ritz Carlton motto of "We are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen " but in a more relaxed setting. we hope to see you back at The Avery Georgetown soon.