“Pretty awful”
Review of The Thirsty Pig

The Thirsty Pig
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Picton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tried the green lip mussels 19$ and a side of fries (from a freezer bag) 8. Broth was flavorless and somehow looked separated like a miso soup. We only went here because our two first choices were closed. What a dump.

1  Thank stalvik

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This pub has friendly/helpful staff and I include the duty managers. The food was well presented on the two occasions I visited and enough to satisfy our hunger. Prices for the days special were acceptable as well - meal and drink NZ$20 as I recall. Should I return to Picton, it is a place I shall visit for a meal or two. Whilst there I thought it was a popular eating place with locals and visitors, so was busy at times.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 14 February 2019

I had the Irish Stew and friend the Fried Fish. Neither meal was anything to write home about. Mine was $20 and Fish was $27. Wanted mussels as entree, but wouldn't provide as only a main.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

We were in Picton for 1 night only and stumbled on The Thirsty Pig by chance. First of all it's a pub. But it is a pub serving excellent food. The lady behind the bar was cheerful and helpful, the food was well cooked and tasty, the ambience was good and the beer was varied and tasty.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

A smallish pub with concertina windows to street. A not very inviting outdoor area @ the back. Friendly helpful staff, order @ the bar. Our group ordered T-bone steak, pork chop & Orange Roughy & we were all well satisfied. We would definitely visit again