“Eat here!!”

Cockles Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Picton
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Description: Marlborough's only seafood restaurant, local produce, craft beers, great wine selection, CPR coffee, friendly relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

Amazing! Best seafood platter we have ever had, and we have had many!
Awesome staff and owner. Will be back

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

Stopped in Picton as part of a Cruise and decided not to join any of the published excursions and just explore the small city freely.

While there was a number of eating establishments in the area, this particular restaurant stood out. It looked authentic and easy going.

I was pleasantly surprised. Staff was very courteous, beer is fresh with a good number to choose from. My wife had the fish and chips which was nice. I had the bucket of clams in creamy garlic sauce and was not disappointed. Ended up staying another hour just to relax and enjoy a few more beers before returning to the Cruise ship.

Enjoyed the small town feel.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 18 January 2019

We had checked the Trip Advisor reviews before going to supper and they were almost all raves-we were really excited to try the Green-Lip Mussels and the seafood chowder when we got there. The mussels were very tender but the garlic and wine sauce was too dry for our taste-we should have tried the chili sauce or the green curry sauce. We had breakfast the next morning and liked it. I had never had pan fried fish fillets with eggs for breakfast before and it was very tasty- I added some tobacco to bring the flavors up a little and I loved it.

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting Picton and we decided to have our evening meal in Cockles.
I chose the chowder, served in a sourdough loaf. It was fantastic. I’ve had chowders before, some really good but this is the best.
My wife chose a lighter meal of shrimp cocktail and a side of bread.
Well, if that was light I’d be interested to see a full dish! She enjoyed loads of shrimps and what can only be described as half a loaf.
I highly recommend this restaurant if you’re visiting Picton.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

We came looking for the green shelled mussels and weren't disappointed. And service with a smile on top of the great cooking. Will come again with pleasure!