“Delicious food great service”

Cockles Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Picton
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Description: Marlborough's only seafood restaurant, local produce, craft beers, great wine selection, CPR coffee, friendly relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The food was wonderful, the service great, wine devine, and the music added to the atmosphere. Would definitely visit again, go and try for yourself.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

No parking issues as I was a customer - the signs are clearly visible regarding parking in this area so not sure what these other nasty comments are about, obviously they need to have respect for the paying patrons of Cockles! I went with a group of friends and sat at the "Captains Table". The atmosphere was inviting and relaxed, lots of customers happily eating and enjoying the evening. The food was delicious as usual and I love that scallop starter! All meals arrived promptly, well presented and everyone commented on how tasty each dish was. I just didn't have room for a dessert but next time I'm going for the Icecream Sundae with berries :)

1  Thank Grant7271
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This place has a good rep for food.... which I would describe as "okay", but the owners are an all together different subject. I saw the owner race to clamp a tourists minibus which was in his car park and demand $100 to release them. I spoke with the tourists and they had been sitting in their minibus having a coffee while waiting for the restaurant to open. The Police were called and it did not end well for the owner, the Police gave him a real dressing down for his demeanour, poor signage, bad language and aggressive attitude. I will never go there again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal at Cockles. I had mussels in the wine/garlic sauce with a side of bread (served warm, perfect for the sauce) and my partner had the fish special of the day with a side of fries. Both were delicious, washed down with bottle of local white and the total bill was just over $70. The service was super friendly and welcoming and it was a generally lovely ambience. There was a good menu for things other than seafood too, but if you're there you should make the most of the fish options. Will recommend and return if we're in Picton again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Nice modern surroundings,tables are positioned with plenty of room between tables. Drinks were served quickly. Large menu choice. My husband had the Tua Tua, his was spicy tomato and mine the green curry. Best curry I
have had.Others at the table had a small seafood chowder , which had a large selection of seafood,there is a small & large option and the Battered Tarakihi, which he said was lovely. We had a lovely warm loaf of bread with cubed butter, not the packaged kind. Very friendly and quick service. We will be back.