“The BEST Riga tour (Santa Ogrina)”

Riga Sightseeing Private Tours
Private Soviet Legacy Riga Tour
Ranked #1 of 14 Transportation in Riga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Specialized in private tours and transfers for individuals and small groups in beautiful city Riga and exciting places outside of the capital. While the guide books provide factual information, the spirit and the story can be provided only by the professional tour guide. I am passionate and enthusiastic about guiding - this is not a job, it’s a joy! And I would like to share it with my guests. Transfers from Riga to the Tallinn and Vilnius and other places in the Baltic states by the comfortable minivan with fluently English speaking driver.
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Santa Ogrina is the BEST, she is a brilliant young lady with extensive knowledge of Riga and it's history. I can not overstate what a great guide she is. Santa taught me history of Riga that I never dreamed of. Her knowledge of the architectural history is amazing, she continually pointed out details that I simply didn't see and would have walked right past. Her knowledge of the medieval city, WWII and the German occupation, the Russian occupation and the cold war era, their freedom in 1990 and NATO participation up until now is unbelievable. Santa is highly educated (Masters degree), articulate, and is very friendly, in fact, I made a friend that day. Santa is
delightful and on a scale of 1 to 10 I give her a 20. I have no reservation saying if you visit Riga, you definitely should choose Santa as your guide

Riga-Sightseeing, Owner at Riga Sightseeing Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear Mike,

It is true honor and pleasure to have you as a guest!
I am proud that I had a chance to provide the highlights about Riga and Latvia and I am very happy to hear that more people will learn about Riga also other side of the ocean.
Thank you for the outstanding review!! It` s so warm and fulfilling to have such a great feedback from you.
I hope that one day you will return with family and friends to discover more.

With warmest greetings from Riga,

"english"
"highlights"
"information"

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Yesterday Santa took me on a wonderful walking tour of the Art Noveau section of Riga and the Old City. I didn’t have a lot of time and she was excellent in helping me to capture the essence and history of Riga. In addition, Santa was enthusiastic and charming. I recommend her most highly!!!!!

Riga-Sightseeing, Owner at Riga Sightseeing Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Marc F,

Thank you so much for the great review. It was my genuine pleasure to show around the city and introduce with the local lifestyle.
I hope you will have chance to visit Riga once again and spend more time at this charming place.

Thank you so much!

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Riga-Sightseeing, Owner at Riga Sightseeing Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Brilliant tour some by coach and some on foot shown all the highlights, well informed lady guide, art neuvo ,short stops to point out interesting sights and shown all the Museum sights

Riga-Sightseeing, Owner at Riga Sightseeing Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive feedback. It`s great to hear that you like the tour. If you’re traveling to our area again soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

With warmest greetings from Riga,

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We met Santa Ogrina at our Hotel, we would highly recommend her tour. She was extremely knowledgeable about Latvia's history and culture, going above and beyond anything that we expected. On a cold morning Santa was bright and cheerful clearly very proud of her country and its history. This is a must do in order to understand the history and the sights of Old Riga. Truly an exceptional tour guide a very good start to a very pleasant weekend. Many thanks to Santa

1  Thank stephen c
Riga-Sightseeing, Owner at Riga Sightseeing Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Mr. Stephen & friends,

Such a nice surprise to see your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for giving your time and effort and leaving such a nice review. I was happy to meet your group and show you around. Always it`s a big pleasure to meet with such a cheerful people!

Thank you so much and wish you a wonderful festive season!

Sincerely yours,